Sr. Manager, Engineering Partnerships (HERSA005H13053)
Job Location: Hershey, PA
Job Summary/Role Responsibilities:
External Engineering Partnerships
- Develop and manage external engineering partnerships with a focus on growth areas outside internal core competencies such as snacks, functional foods, protein. Focus areas will include Process, Packaging, and System Integration, Construction & Project management.
- Responsible for hands-on management and technical development of autonomous external engineering partners to deliver best in class project execution to Hershey engineering and project standards.
- Identify and apply BDP’s from external engineering partnerships back into the internal Hershey engineering teams.
- Coordinate with Strategic Sourcing to develop long term, negotiated rate contracts for all external partnerships.
- Collaborate with internal engineering teams to define short & long term technical requirements and perform technical skill needs/impact assessments. Buy vs Build.
- Develop and lead assessment process for all external partners to ensure customer
- Manage and prioritize objectives that balance department goals and with the overall organizational goals and objectives.
Technical Development and Sustainability
- Identify critical technical & leadership development training opportunites and allocate resources as appropriate to ensure technical competency for the engineering function.
- In coordination with Global Technical Services, reinvigorate and update the Skills Diversification program for developing new in career engineers across Packaging, Process, Controls, and Project Management.
- Engineering Standards
- Develop and manage the US Regional engineering standards in coordination with GTS.
- Develop, implement and train US RTS engineering staff on standardized estimating and project tracking software.
- In coordination with the Process Engineering Manager, develop and implement appropriate process engineering standards that are required to make Hershey products. This includes design concepts, capital estimates, functional specifications and equipment specifications.
- Assign engineering specialists to projects based on technical requirements and prioritization.
- Continuously develop the skill level of the Engineering Specialists through project assignments, project coordinator certification training, and Engineering Skills Diversification with a goal of maintaining a wide variety of expertise amongst the Engineering Specialist group.
- Identify and develop the next generation of Engineering Specialists. Work with plant engineering and maintenance leadership to identify interested and qualified candidates.
- BS in Engineering or related experience w/alternate Bachelor Degree; MS / MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years working in Food Processing or Chocolate and Confectionery Industry preferred. Some CPG experience required.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center [Register to View]