Senior Recruiter, Business Development/Proposals (Remote) - Human Resources (SENIO003404)
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Senior Recruiter, Business Development/Proposals to support the Human Resources Department, located at the HJF Home Office in Bethesda, MD. Open to 100% telework / remote workers.
Under the general direction of the Director, Recruiting & Retention, and in partnership with the Sr. Director, Business Development, this job serves as a resource for and provides guidance to proposal teams and hiring managers regarding the recruitment of staff and adherence to employment laws and regulations.
NOTE: All HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
- Conducts full life cycle recruiting process for proposal teams and hiring managers - including, as necessary, position description creation, requisition intake, sourcing management, screening, scheduling and coordinating interviews, reference checks, salary negotiations, onboarding, and reporting/compliance.
- Develops and implements effective proposal recruitment strategies - works with the business development team to identify upcoming proposals and builds a pipeline of key talent for future and current needs. Develops strategies and plans to broaden proposal recruiting efforts. Coordinates and attends industry and networking events. Stays informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices. Participates in the development of ongoing creative and cost-effective proposal recruiting strategies.
- Provides writing inputs for proposals - may include staffing plans, personnel section, re-writing a candidate's CV to address qualifications required in the proposal, etc.
- Makes compensation recommendations - for existing awards and G&A hires, based on salary analysis, HJF compensation structure, and market information for fair and equitable hiring practices. For proposals, also factors in knowledge of proposal / client.
- Adheres to equal opportunity/affirmative action guidelines, federal and state regulations, client and award regulations in all recruitment efforts- Maintains all pertinent applicant and interview data in electronic recruitment system. Follows OFCCP, DCAA and FAR guidelines and procedures.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of full lifecycle recruiting components required. Including sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal, job analysis, wage and salary trends, and relationship management.
- Knowledge of the proposal process as it relates to assistance awards and contracts is required.
- Must be able to manage competing demands, while being adaptable and flexible.
- Excellent project management, multitasking and organization skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience with persuasive writing is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree is required. Years of experience may be substituted for Bachelor's degree.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 6-8 years of relevant work-related experience.
Work Environment: Set within an office environment.
Work Arrangement: Open to 100% telework/remote workers with the ability to come in for meetings or trainings as required.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.