Job Description 769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2021. Novartis Pharmaceuticals is seeking an Associate Director to join its Tax Planning team and play an integral role in collaboration transactions, restructurings, and tax research. This role requires strong tax technical skills including the application and interpretation of U.S. federal income tax law as it relates
to C corporations, consolidated tax groups and U.S. international tax, including current and proposed tax law (e.g., 163(j), BEAT, FDII, expense apportionment) and cross-border tax. This position will report directly to the Director, Tax Planning and actively partner with cross-border and cross-functional business leaders.
Your Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide tax technical advice to all US business units in close cooperation with the tax operations and transfer pricing teams, business units, finance organization and other key stakeholders.
• Track, document, and assess the impact of the changing legislative environment, including global tax rules and OECD Pillar I and II, expansion of the business, M&A transactions, corporate initiatives, accounting methods and pronouncements on the Company.
• Conduct research and draft tax memoranda on a variety of complex tax matters.
• Prepare and manage complex models, including those for tax reform, E&P, and basis.
• Provide tax legal advice and assistance to tax compliance and tax audit functions, especially as relates to Information Document Requests.
• Support the transfer pricing team with assessing multitude of intercompany transaction flows, supply chain and cross-border IP planning. Review intercompany agreements. Perform special tax projects, as required.
• Build and maintain close working relationships across various corporate and business functions throughout the organization to help facilitate timely and accurate tax reporting and execution of tax strategy.
• Provide ongoing support to global and local tax groups related to tax planning.
• Other projects and duties as required/assigned.
• Will need to work onsite in hybrid work environment.