Recruiter II (Remote) - Human Resources
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Recruiter II (Remote) to support the Human Resources department located at the HJF Home Office in Bethesda, Maryland. This is a hybrid work environment with a requirement to come in office twice a month.
In this role, the Recruiter II will handle the full recruitment life cycle to advance military medicine supporting research teams around the world! These recruiting efforts may support departments/programs focusing on infectious disease, traumatic brain injury and mental health, clinical rehab, cancer research, combat casualty care, human performance, precision medicine.
NOTE: All HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
- Conduct full life cycle recruiting process including requisition intake, sourcing management, screening, scheduling and coordinating interviews; reference checks; salary negotiations; onboarding, and reporting/compliance for positions ranging from Lab Intern to Scientific Director for positions local to the DC Metro area, sites around the US, and around the world.
- Develop and implement effective recruitment strategies. Confer with Program and Hiring Managers to develop and execute recruiting plans based on specific Departmental needs.
- Develop and foster relationships with colleges and universities to aid in recruiting efforts. Attend (virtually during COVID-19) university career fairs, open houses, and networking events.
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices. Participate in the development of ongoing creative and cost-effective recruiting strategies.
- Establish relationships with hiring managers and networking sources. Conduct regular follow up with managers to determine effectiveness of recruiting plans. Attend (virtually during COVID-19) program meetings as needed in Home Office or off site.
- Work cooperatively with all members of the recruiting team to develop and implement staffing plans and activities.
- Adhere to equal opportunity/affirmative action guidelines, federal and state regulations and contract regulations in recruitment efforts. Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in HRIS Management System. Make recommendations on compensation based on salary analysis, HJF compensation structure, and market information for fair and equitable hiring practices. Advise hiring managers on results of analysis. Follow OFCCP, DCAA and FAR guidelines and procedures.
- Work with Security Officer to initiate security clearance as required.
- Support Credentialing for onboarding at all Military Treatment Facilities as needed.
- Serve as back up to other Recruiters as required.
- Additional ad hoc projects as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication.
- Basic Word and strong Excel proficiency. Experienced with Outlook calendar.
- Ability to work in a high volume fast paced environment.
- Must be deadline driven with an ability to prioritize.
- Previous recruiting experience required; preferably in a scientific/medical industry.
- Previous experience with Video software (Zoom, Skype, etc.) preferred.
- UltiPro and iCIMS experience a plus.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 3 to 5 years of experience in recruitment; preferably within healthcare, staffing, government contracting, or scientific setting.
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of sitting at a computer
Work Environment: This is a hybrid work environment with a requirement to come in office twice a month. Open to 100% remote for non local employees.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.