Commercial Finance Manager - Elida Beauty (R-37402)
Commercial Finance Manager, UKI ANZ – Elida Beauty
Work Location – Hybrid - Battersea 2 days a week
Job Type- Full Time
Role Ref F00026
Who we are … we are Elida Beauty
Elida Beauty is a very exciting new beauty business within Unilever. We are re-found iconic brands by remixing them for today’s generation, making them even bigger beauty hits than they were first time around.
Our remixes democratize beauty, because we want everyone on the ‘beauty dance floor’ with our top-quality products at a great value.
Driven by our colleague’s creativity, agility and close connection with consumers, customers and suppliers we are able to unleash the true potential of our loved brands with a fresh start. We ‘Re-Found’ them using a start-up mentality that always ‘finds a way’. Our ‘no silos’, one team approach drives both personal and business growth so that together we deliver outcomes that are music to the ears of consumers, customers, colleagues and the planet alike.
Your Role & Key Responsibilities
The UKI ANZ region is ~€120m in size consisting of a directly managed business in the UK and distributor partners in Ireland and ANZ. You will be the Commercial Finance Partner to our talented Marketing & Sales teams responsible for the development and execution of brand strategies and customer plans to drive growth and value creations within Elida Beauty. You will report to the regional CFO with x1 direct report in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity with lots of breadth covering end to end P&L management as well as plenty of cross functional exposure to supply chain, innovation, FP&A and our controlling teams.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Financial Planning You will lead the financial planning process across the region, translating the business strategy into a financial target framework. Support in the cross functional annual planning process and anchor the commercial team on the bottom-up financial plan vs the 5-year Elida business plan (constructed in 2021 in partnership with Deloitte). Challenge / accelerate business plans using this data.
- Performance Management: Lead performance reviews, advising on the financial trade-offs to deliver the plan. In doing so, you will provide expertise and support in managing risks, taking unstructured business decisions, and flagging key issues/opportunities to promote accountability
- Innovation & Customer Planning: Decision support for key investment decisions within Innovation and customer joint busines planning
- Pricing & Promotions: Lead workstreams and business processes to drive promotional effectiveness and identify strategic/cost recovery pricing to protect and grow margins
- Budget Management & Control: Responsible for the budgeting and controlling BMI spend and marketing/sales overheads
- Month end activities: Monthly forecasting, Month end review, Analysis, Drive Insights and Actions with focus on broad based growth and TO/ PBO performance vs target/forecast.
- Financial Reporting: Provide interim solutions for management reporting, P&L consolidation from multiple data sources OTIF. Liaise with our Global FP&A team on future idealistic financial reporting solutions for Elida Beauty.
- Democratize Data: At Elida Beauty Finance teams will not be “data providers”, commercial teams will take full accountability for their P&L enabled through timely, accuracy and accessible data. You will be a key enabler for this and a leader for the commercial mindset required across the business.
- Change management: support in the business transition from SAP to Oracle
What you will bring to the role
- Drive and results orientation: Natural bias for action and willing to make a positive difference to achieve higher levels of performance. Sets stretching goals for self and team, exploits opportunities and strives to achieve beyond what is expected, even under adverse circumstances. Takes direct ownership of objectives and peripheral activities, balancing caution, courage and flexibility. Has high levels of self-assurance and shows resilience and belief in own ability to achieve goals.
- Analytical power: Brings powerful analysis to issues and has a roving eye for detail and uses an intelligent mix of logic and intuition in decision making and judgement. Rapidly absorbs new information, knowledge and applies new techniques, technology and procedures.
- Collaboration & Influencing: Is impactful and flexible in communicating and influencing the issues with the ability to work across matrices of functions. Builds informal networks, actively listens and responds to the concerns and feelings of others even when not explicitly stated – high levels of emotional intelligence.
- Stewardship: Fosters a control culture in the business where we encourage risk taking but have zero compromise on financial controls and accounting principles. Proven technical ability across controlling to both lead and do across the controlling agenda.
- Passion for People: A coach, mentor and the obvious desire to devote personal time to build people skills and with a flair to lead people and command fellowship. The candidate should have the maturity and deftness to understand nuances in different inter-relationships and find the best way to get the job done – holding themselves and their colleagues accountable at all times.
- Qualified Accountant with PQE experience in commercial finance roles
- Proven ability to partner and influence business strategy with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, results-oriented environment requiring a high degree of flexibility
- Ability to make the complex simple
- Ability to constructively challenge assumptions and hold others accountable
- Confident with ad hoc financial modelling and validating assumptions
- Strong analytical capabilities with bias to drive action
- Self-driven, forward looking, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus
Nice to Have:
- Experience of building and leading teams
- Experience in FMCG industry
- Experience in complex data modelling
- Experience in presenting
To ensure that your personal creativity helps to unlock our potential, we will upskill and reskill you. We will develop leading-edge digital marketing skills and best-in-class teamworking capabilities.
Most importantly, we will give you the autonomy to use them like a ‘founder’. We will help you to think like a CEO so that we all focus on delivering our Purpose and so you drive growth as you develop. Imagine how good we will feel when we see that our creativity reignites growth in the business because consumers embrace our new ideas.
Better for our consumers, better for the world and better for each of us
The way we manufacture, package and distribute our products will be better for everyone and for the planet. We will bring a new meaning to diversity and inclusion by providing access to beauty products that suit every kind of skin and hair.
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.