Sanitation Utility - 12hr- Robinson Plant (HERSA005H13134)
Location: Robinson, IL (US)
Position Type: Hourly
- Starting Payrate: $18.68/hr
- Shift Differential & Overtime Potential!
- Eligibility to bid for higher graded positions after successful completion of probation period
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)—Starting Day 1!
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – with generous company match
- Hershey Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Career Advancement Opportunities starting Day 1!
- This opening is for a 12-hour 4 on, 3 off / 3 on, 4 off night shift schedule (6PM-6AM).
- We ask that you are flexible to work weekends, overtime and holidays
- Schedule assignment upon hire is determined by plant needs. New hires are eligible to bid to a different shift within their assigned department, beginning day 1 (awarded based on seniority within that department).
- Qualified applicants will receive an email to schedule for an onsite interview.*
- Post-Offer Drug Screen and Background Check required*
*Valid ID required
Come Make More Moments of Goodness with us in a Sanitation Utility role!
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for routine cleaning
- Participate in training to maintain janitorial and chemical knowledge
- Perform the cleaning of areas such as floors, walls, sinks, stools, windows, tables and chairs, and air vents
- Operation of floor scrubber as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned such as taking out the trash, mopping, sweeping, dusting, and filling all dispensers on the plant floor
- Operation of hi lifts, cleaning equipment, chemical dispensing systems, lock out tag out (LOTO), and disassembling and assembling equipment will be required
- Handle a variety of cleaning chemicals
- Understanding of cleaning practices
- Must be able to work in a wet environment and be exposed to cleaning chemicals
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels to deliver timely results
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Basic knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Food Safety, and Quality plans
- Establish and sustain effective relationships with all employees in order to foster an environment where innovation and cooperation are used to solve problems
- Ability to lead by involving others in decision making processes
- Ability to implement change, motivate others, and encourage team development
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities
- Regularly required to work around operating equipment
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of hire
- Must possess a High School diploma/GED at time of hire
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be flexible to work any shift - 1st / 2nd / 3rd
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays and overtime
- Must be able to lift up to 35-50 lbs.
- Light to moderate physical activity required to include but no limited to: stand, reach, stoop, crawl, bend, and climb ladders
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center [Register to View]