Underwriting Consultant (822999300A5)
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Role Value Proposition:
This position will be responsible for underwriting our group products in the National Accounts space. National Accounts provides global employee benefits sales and solutions to U.S.-based employers with 5,000 or more employees. We serve more than 1,400 U.S. customers, including 92 of the top 100 Fortune 500® companies, covering approximately 50 million employees and their dependents. We also drive growth by utilizing a strong customer-centric approach, which is a hallmark of the Group Benefits brand.
- Underwrites renewals for multiple products by reviewing details of the current plan (premium history, claim history, etc.) and company financial condition to determine appropriate renewal action; prepares pricing analysis for review; makes plan design change recommendations.
- Underwrites new business quotes by analyzing financial and plan information to determine whether or not to accept risk.
- Prices plan changes at broker or customer request, or to impact new business or renewal rate action.
- Maintains pricing files and databases in accordance with defined standards.
- Provides consultative services for Account Executive, broker or customer regarding life, dental, and disability plans.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 7+ years of relevant business experience with 4+ years of underwriting experience.
- Strong working knowledge of underwriting policies and procedures, underwriting guidelines and philosophies. Demonstrated strong analytical skills, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Excel and personal computer skills.
- A willingness to take risk with appropriate levels of risk assessment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills.
- High level of organization skill and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics or related field is highly preferred.
- Group product experience in medical, life, disability and/or dental is ideal.
- Exposure to Large Group/National Accounts.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
Number of Openings
"At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.