Financial Report Developer (882998600A0)
Location: Hybrid- Tampa, FL
Role Value Proposition:
We are seeking a highly motivated, report developer, preferably with SQL or Oracle Analytics/Financial Reporting experience.
Individual must be able to provide hands-on integration and management of Business Intelligence/Analytics software tools and applications working with internal stakeholders to understand their business information needs, interpret requirements, design, and build best-in-class BI and reporting solutions.
This team works with a myriad of Oracle products including, but not limited to, Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC), Data Visualizer (DV), Hyperion Financial Reporting (FR), PeopleSoft (PS) applications, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Services (EPBCS), SmartView, PS Query and SQL.
- Design and build new financial reports and reporting solutions from requirements, using an understanding of organizational business needs.
- Strong report development and analytical skills.
- Supporting full lifecycle of software development, testing and implementation using strategic financial reporting applications.
- Providing support to the development of training materials and training activities related to the BI tools and applications.
- Demonstrated ability presenting to small work groups on both technical and functional requirements.
- Team oriented with good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with coworkers and internal customers.
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to troubleshoot advanced issues that arise with reporting solutions
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 2-3 years of report development experience
- At least 1 year of SQL experience
- Strong MS Office experience (MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- 1-2 years OBIEE/Oracle Analytics + BI Publisher
- 1-2 years Hyperion Financial Reporting experience
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft General Ledgers and/or Oracle EPM applications (Hyperion Planning/EPBCS and Hyperion Financial Management)
- Knowledge of concepts associated with data warehousing, data marts, and/or big data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver effective presentations and to manage multiple deliverables at once.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Financial Management Reporting
Number of Openings
"At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers. "
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.