Dispatchers monitor the delivery paperwork flow to ensure customer deliveries are delivered on time. Group and route deliveries of loads according to designed geographic areas are done frequently. This position also assists in the building of loads and freight handling as necessary.
- Schedule routing of area/market delivery equipment to reduce delivery expense & increase efficiency
- Coordinate delivery times and total hours for load building, checking and staging
- Prepare delivery analyses to improve delivery efficiency
- Maintain accurate records of all deliveries, addresses, time of
- Miscellaneous duties as required
- Computer Skills: Order Processing System, Internet Software, Inventory Software, Routing Software
- Ability to read and comprehend documents (i.e. policy and procedure manuals); write routine reports and correspondence; speak/present in front of a small group.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Experience routing area/market to reduce delivery expense & increase efficiency
- Advance planning and load building/checking, staging, etc…
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Delivery analysis and improving delivery efficience.