Experience Designer @ Bionic (R00061091_New York)
Accenture Song accelerates growth and value for our clients through sustained customer relevance. Our capabilities span ideation to execution: growth, product and experience design; technology and experience platforms; creative, media and marketing strategy; and campaign, content and channel orchestration. With strong client relationships and deep industry expertise, we help our clients operate at the speed of life through the unlimited potential of imagination, technology and intelligence.
Accenture Song's Growth and Business Design practice, helps catapult growth for clients with a proven, customizable, scalable and repeatable solution. We are a collective of radical outsiders who have built and scaled companies across sectors and around the world. We’re entrepreneurs, investors, futurists, and makers focused on igniting and building growth within large companies.
Enterprises are skilled at making big businesses even bigger. Entrepreneurs and early-stage investors, on the other hand, are skilled at discovering new opportunities and turning them into big businesses. We’ve combined the best of both worlds, introducing enterprises to the methodology, tools, and systems of entrepreneurship and venture capital. We call this the Growth Operating System.
We believe that growth revolutions start with unlocking the creativity and potential of people. With a clear sense of purpose and the right tools, the people that power the world’s greatest companies are able to discover and build the future at scale.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented, versatile Experience Designer to join our growing Labs Team in New York City. Note: This role is also referred to as a User Experience Designer, UX Designer, Interaction Designer, etc.
Background: Our Bionic Labs team works with our clients / partners to rapidly validate customer problems through an iterative prototype, test and learn methodology. We combine ‘lean start-up methodologies’ with ‘agile product development techniques’ to deliver product solutions via quick iterative sprints. We are highly-skilled athletes who develop a range of visual artifacts and leverage diverse research techniques to gain unique customer insights.
This Product Designer / Experience Designer will participate in the full lifecycle of customer validation projects: understand customer problem assumptions and translate them into compelling solutions, lead collaborative sessions to define user experiences, rapidly create and iterate solution wireframes, designs, and interactive mockups. Ideally, (s)he has the skills to build simple prototypes and promote them through landing pages and online ad campaigns.
- Own the design process from beginning to end, taking it from user research insights and translating into simple and usable experiences
- Leverage a user-centered design approach by incorporating customer feedback, market analysis, and site metrics
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes to demonstrate proposed solutions
- Work collaboratively with Entrepreneur, Customer Insights, and Development teams to define requirements, iteratively design solution flows, and contribute user experience design expertise for mobile and web products
- Share validation work early and often with peers, product team, and stakeholders, turning insights into value-adding features and actionable deliverables
- Facilitate design discussions and give feedback in planning and product strategy
- Rapidly translate solution ideas into sketches, wireframes, mockups, designs and interactive prototypes
- Ensure that all artifacts are usable to test specific customer and user behavior assumptions
- Iterate prototypes based on learning from customer testing
- Be a passionate and effective advocate for making sense of our enterprise clients’ business challenges and turning your understanding into great designs
- Partner with our research team to deeply understand the needs of our customers in various geographies.
- Travel as necessary (post-pandemic)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an interaction design, user interface designer, experience design, product design, or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Experience Design, Product Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent design-related field
- Fluency and experience in the design thinking process, lean start-up methodologies and/or agile development.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Expertise with standard digital design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Principle, Invision, etc.)
- Proficiency in web application prototyping (ie. Squarespace, Shopify, etc.)
- Experience with user-centered design, rapid prototyping, software prototyping, A/B testing, etc.
- Experience with rapidly growing, early-stage startups; client-services experience a plus.
- Experience with research and human-centered design with a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions
- A philosophy of what drives good user interface design and an understanding of visual design principles
As required by Colorado law under the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $90,288 - $148,900, and [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.