Experience Design Senior Manager (R00097976_Boston)
Accenture Song—a new breed of agency that’s all about the Experience. For us, customer experience is not an add-on; it’s foundational to who we are and how we empower our clients. As the world’s largest, most disruptive agency, we drive lasting growth for clients by helping them design, build, and run meaningful experiences that make people’s lives better, more productive, and more meaningful. We do this in three ways: by transforming organizations through standout products and services; by building and delivering award-winning campaigns so brands can engage and communicate creatively with customers at scale; and by using our top-notch skills to pilot, integrate, scale, and run the platforms that underpin the world’s greatest experiences. [Register to View] .
Digital Products creates value for our clients, their employees, and their customers. We design and build software that changes the way people work and live. Our team collaborates across studio locations in Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York, and Seattle with 300+ employees across the US and Canada. With expertise in product strategy, project management, QA, design thinking, user-experience design/research, and impeccable development for native mobile, web, and embedded systems, we will help bring clarity to any omni-channel product vision.
Our team is seeking an Experience Design Senior Manager to help lead our growing Experience Design team. You’re a master of your craft and will partner with other Experience Design Senior Managers and the Regional Experience Design Senior Managers to help define the strategy and roadmap to expand our team’s capabilities and skillsets. You are comfortable understanding design needs and then crafting a staffing plan and approach for meeting those needs. You will help guide and lead a team of experience designers working closely with our engineers, product managers, and delivery managers to concept, design, prototype, test, and iterate on solutions. You’re a generalist who thrives in ambiguity, deeply understands and champions user needs, and designs solutions that are equally thoughtful and elegant.
Serving as the design strategy lead on projects, you’ll bring demonstrable design leadership and expertise to any project and effectively push teams to deliver exemplary work and to exceed client expectations. Your supervisory project role allows you to uphold the design quality bar, maintaining (and often setting, adjusting and adapting when necessary) our design process.
You will be tasked with more challenging and intensive projects to establish solid or lasting client relationships and are also heavily involved in upselling. You thrive working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and relish acting as a mentor to more junior designers. You inspire confidence immediately with a client and are brought in for more challenging or advanced clients to guide and support other designers.
- Monitor and drive the team to utilize the best and latest methods and tools in order to be competitive in the industry
- Assist in determining practice priorities and support the development and career growth of members within your team
- Help guide the team in the visual direction, style, and methodology
- Apply your experience and/or expertise in accessibility standards and approaches to your design work
- Provide input to staffing decisions, ensuring the team is staffed on projects according to individual strengths, project needs, and studio priorities
- Contribute to the growth plan of the team and support the hiring process
- Conviction to champion your perspective while successfully collaborating with other points of view
- Comfortable leading and providing structure to potentially amorphous or evolving processes
- Lead the team’s deliverables, responsibilities and schedule while maintaining the integrity of design process
- Represent our design capability in sales conversations by describing our design process to prospective clients and creating design project plans to be used by our team in pitches
- Help shape opportunities, including estimating, scoping, resourcing and developing RFP and/or BD responses
- Collaborate effectively with remote and onsite team members, including but not limited to designers, researchers, project/product managers, QA, developers, and technical architects
- Have a Human Centered Design approach in solving user needs with deep customer empathy
- Apply design thinking to create world-class digital experiences across multiple platforms and channels, by bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Create instant tangibility for the team and the client through storytelling
Here’s what you need:
- 6+ years’ experience in digital design
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field in Information Design, Interaction Design, Human Factors or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience
Bonus points if:
- You’re experienced with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with external clients and their customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management and user research
- You’re composed in high-pressure situations with a “big-picture” perspective on how to handle those
- You’re comfortable designing within iOS and Android native, Web Responsive, and additional platform guidelines using Sketch, Axure, the Creative Suite, and other relative design tools
As required by Colorado law under the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act,Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $193,800 - $241,099k and [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.