Data Engineering Senior Manager - South (R00081500_Charlotte)
Accenture Applied Intelligence, the people who love using data to tell a story. We’re also the world’s largest team of data scientists, data engineers, and experts in machine learning and AI. A great day for us Solving big problems using the latest tech, serious brain power and deep knowledge of just about every industry. We believe a mix of data, analytics, automation and responsible AI can do almost anything—spark digital metamorphoses, widen the range of what humans can do and breathe life into smart products and services. Want to join our crew of sharp analytical minds Visit us here to find out more about Applied Intelligence.
A cloud data engineering maven who thrives in a team setting where you can turn your prodigious creative and analytical powers to obliterating problems. Your superpower Building and delivering AWS and/or Azure Cloud Platforms infrastructure and solutions to help our clients meet the soaring data and cloud demands of AI and machine learning, IoT, advanced analytics, open source and other emerging digital technologies. You have top-notch communication and people skills and you’re up for traveling regularly to client sites (post COVID).
- Gather, engineer and prepare data to help clients make smarter decisions
- Help in a full technical discovery, spotting pain points, business and technical requirements, and “as is” and “to be” scenarios
- Assess the full technology stack of services needed including PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service), IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service), SaaS (Software-as-a-Service), operations, management and automation
- Interact mainly with your direct supervisor and be ready to interact with peers and/or managers on the client side and/or within Accenture
- Make your own decisions to define solutions and ask for guidance on complex problems
- Apply methodology, reusable assets, and previous work experience so that your work is always of high quality
- Compare alternative solutions from both technical and business perspectives which support the define-cost and service requirements
- Keep up to speed on new and emerging technologies/patterns/methodologies and products that may be of interest to our clients
- Be ready to rack up those air miles with weekly travel to client sites
Here’s what you need:
- Minimum of 8 years technical solutions implementation, architecture design, evaluation and investigation in an AWS cloud environment
- Minimum of 8 years of Client Management and/or Project Management experience
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in Solution/technical architecture in the cloud
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Big Data/analytics/information analysis/database management/ event-driven/microservices/DevOps/ML Ops in the cloud
Bonus points if:
- You are AWS Certified
- You have experience in any of the Messaging platforms (Kafka, Kinesis, Azure Event Hub, Streaming platforms using PubSub, etc.)
- You have hands-on experience with any of the following programming languages: PySpark, Python, Java, R, Scala, Go
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $159,516 - $228,500 and [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.