Enterprise Transformation Architect Manager (R00080600_Hartford)
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.
Most software developers, engineers, and architects get to build software systems. Very few get to say with a straight face: “I’m reinventing banking.” Or hospitality, or logistics, or insurance. We’re combining technology, industry expertise, and entrepreneurial experience to massively disrupt our clients’ core businesses. We partner with our clients to propel them into the future and to help create better products and experiences for everyone. We’re doing this by leveraging the power of new patterns and architectures (Serverless, Microservices, Event Sourcing, etc) and technologies (Kafka, Elixir, TensorFlow, Node.js, Docker, Go) to build cloud-native style solutions for the enterprise. Most of our work fits what we call Digital Decoupling, where we design and build a state-of-the art system to wrap legacy, isolate legacy components, build new functionality, and slowly and methodically hollow out the existing core.
Our team is deeply hands-on, highly technical, and prides itself in being battle hardened, lead-from-the-front technology thought leaders. If you want to largely draw diagrams and pontificate on adding yet another layer to an already bloated monolith, this probably isn’t the role for you. Our competitors are hiring for that kind of thing. If, however, you’re interested in solving some of the hardest problems in enterprise technology and transforming and disrupting established industries, let’s talk.
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.Qualifications
Here is what you need:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building interesting and innovative applications, or equivalent open source contribution (several projects as ongoing contributor)
- 2+ years of experience designing and building software systems. i.e planning out infrastructure, cloud platform components, network details etc.
- Experience leading a product team with several agile teams working toward a common goal
- Experience designing and leading engineering systems and DevOps, i.e managing the process of building software
- Working knowledge of git
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience. (If Associate’s Degree, must have minimum 6 years work experience)
Bonus Points if you have:
- Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure; namely choosing platform components and assembling application and runtime architecture
- Experience with the Serverless framework and serverless architecture.
- Experience with microservices architectures and constituent technologies (hapijs, gokit, Spring Cloud)
- Experience with containerization and container platforms. (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Docker EE, Mesosphere)’
- Experience with Event Driven Architectures and constituent technologies (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis) and patterns (Event Sourcing, etc)
- Functional programming experience, specifically with Actor systems (Erlang, Elixir, Akka)
- Experience with embedded devices and development (mostly C, but also some Rust, etc)
- Experience with high performance networking (Quic, network layer optimization) or realtime transaction protocols/methods (HTTP2, Server Sent Events, MQTT, WebSockets)
- Experience with distributed transactional data stores (CockroachDB, Spanner, ScyllaDB, etc)
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math preferred, not required).
As required by Colorado law under the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $119,880 - 227,600 and [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.