Federal - Infrastructure Engineer (R00091015_San Diego)
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Operating in the nation's Capital, we stay ahead of what’s coming next. Drawing from the power of Accenture, we deliver integrated, mobile and interactive experiences that exceed our people’s expectations. Join us where ideas are freely exchanged, and concepts evolve into practical solutions.
As a Infrastructure Engineer, you are excited about solving complex challenges for a unique virtualized infrastructure platform. You will have knowledge supporting a DevSecOps Platform in multiple gov cloud environments. You will be supporting operational users, multiple development teams, testers, and government stakeholders to provide advanced field engineering support and Tier II sustainment to the virtual and onsite systems making up the entire architecture, which continues to push the boundaries of innovation. In addition, this role would ensure product excellence for this cutting-edge technology currently employed by our government customer, and provide continued support to National Security interests.
- Resolve issues through troubleshooting, on-call and manual intervention to maintain the health of the networks, able to support and maintain all systems within the DevSeOps pipeline
- Develop new features, scaling or automation based on the resolution of the of issues
- Onboarding and supporting product teams across government agencies to continuously develop and deploy code to multiple security environments
- Maintain networks supporting continuous workflow incorporating integration, delivery, testing, deployment, and monitoring to deliver applications more efficiently and effectively
- Support automation and monitoring to release applications more frequently
- Work in an Agile environment using Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Identifying, defining, analyzing and coordinating update and maintenance requirements for a diverse technical architecture.
- Development of capabilities leveraging creative solutions and scripting mechanisms.
- Develop strategies for system scale, update, backup, and recovery.
- Developing and enhancing processes, technical documentation, metric gathering, and reports.
- Troubleshooting and engineering solutions to production, integration, and development environments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years work experience in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years engineering or infrastructure development experience.
- 2+ years experience with VMWare, Vsphere, and/or vCenter.
- 2+ years experience developing and maintaining automated systems.
- 4+ years Windows/Linux System Administration Experience
Bonus points if you have:
- Ability to effectively execute tasks, resolve issues, and meet challenging schedules.
- CASP or CISSP Certifications
- Experience writing, modifying, automating and executing scripts (Python, Shell, Bash, Ansible etc.)
- Systems Security and architecture related certifications like CASP or CISSP
- Understanding of Government/IC Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes and concepts (IPAT, ASDS, DIACAP, DISA STIGs, etc.)
- Familiarity with Ansible, Kubernetes and/or Containers
- Experience in research and development programs leveraging Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience Supporting Development teams
- An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role
- US Citizenship required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.