Google Cloud DevOps Engineer (R00090188_Overland Park)
A leading partner to the world’s major cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google. The formation of Accenture Cloud First, with a $3 billion investment over three years, demonstrates our commitment to deliver greater value to our clients when they need it most and offers huge growth opportunities for you!
As part of our Google Cloud Platform practice, you will lead technology innovation for our clients through robust delivery of world-class solutions. You will build better software better! There will never be a typical day and that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing technology landscape. You will be part of a growing network of technology experts who are highly collaborative taking on today’s biggest, most complex business challenges. We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. Come grow your career in technology at Accenture!
The Google Cloud Platform (GCP) DevOps Engineer role is responsible for integration of application development across the product life cycle, right from planning, building, testing, and deployment to support. DevOps Engineers are expected to know GCP native automation tools and capabilities which may be required for process automation and testing. It is essential to have excellent communication and coordination skills to successfully integrate various functions in a coordinated manner. Using GCP public cloud technologies, our DevOps Engineers implement state-of-the-art, scalable, high-performance solutions that meet the need of today’s corporate and emerging digital applications.
- Designing, build, and testing the development of cloud native applications using the Google Cloud Platform services, native and 3rd party technologies, and various open source frameworks
- Work within an agile team that includes members with cross-functional skills
- Understanding customer requirements and project KPIs
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project
- Troubleshooting techniques and fixing the code bugs
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Coordination and communication within the team and with customers
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer
- Oral status and occasional written reports via daily stand-ups, etc.
- Continuous learning and curiosity of new and emerging technologies/patterns/methodologies and market offerings that may be of interest to our clients.
- Adapt to existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understand the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Use considerable judgment to define solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture. Establish methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.Qualifications
Here's what you need:
- Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer, Professional Cloud Architect and or Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer certification
- Minimum of 1 year of hands-on experience with GCP services using GCP Console or Deployment Manager
- Hands-on experience in any of the industry ‘best-of-breed’ DevSecOps tools (i.e., Prisma Cloud, Sysdig, Aqua, Snyk)
- Experience in Cloud provisioning and management (i.e. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with native GCP DevOps (Cloud Build, Blueprints, etc) and/or 3rd party CI/CD tools (i.e. GitLab, Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Minimum of 2 years of DevOps Engineer experience with the GCP cloud environment and a passion for learning new technologies
- Minimum of 1 years of experience developing applications using containers, Kubernetes, service mesh (Istio, Solo) on GCP.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience. (If Associate Degree, must have minimum 6 years work experience)
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $72,400 - $124,999 and [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.