Manager/Senior Manager, Circular Economy Supply Chain (R00081669_Chicago)
At Accenture, our purpose is to deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity. And there are few things with greater promise than sustainability—it unlocks new opportunities for our clients, our partners, and our people, and for the places where we do business. We believe Sustainability is the new digital and just as the digital revolution transformed how we live and work, so too will sustainability, driving new value and growth and permeating everything that we do.
We fundamentally believe that every business must be a sustainable business. It matters to all of us. We are weaving it into the very core of our company as expressed in the Accenture Sustainability Value Promise, which is to embed sustainability into everything we do, with everyone we work with, creating both business value and sustainable impact, enabled by technology and human ingenuity. Together with our partners, we’re helping to solve the biggest problems our clients and the world face to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and tackle climate change.
If you are looking for a rewarding career at a company that is committed to being a leader in sustainability—and to leading by example—while being part of a vibrant team that is helping other companies become more sustainable, Accenture has a number of opportunities to join our growing Sustainability network.
This role is part of Accenture’s Sustainable Value Chain practice which helps our clients to embed sustainability into every stage of the value chain to deliver trusted, net-zero and circular value chains. We use data-driven tools, frameworks and insights to enable organizations to deliver lasting value and impact. We harness the power of technology to amplify human ingenuity in seeking solutions that deliver across the entire enterprise and ESG Agenda. Our rapidly growing practice is looking for motivated individuals passionate about understanding how sustainability impacts organizations, their leadership teams, their operations, and overall performance to enable a more resilient future.
How do we realize value through circular supply chains?In this role, you can help our clients achieve this by:
- Working with our clients to manage circular economy transformation from setting the strategy and direction, through to delivery and implementation across the supply chain
- Shaping solutions, deliver cutting-edge initiatives, and help clients build necessary capabilities and capacities across the entire circular system – i.e. circular design, sourcing & procurement, operations & manufacturing, and extended supply chain
- Supporting development of key circular supply chain capabilities and enablers, e.g. digital and physical technology solutions, platform-driven transformation, operating model, partnership and ecosystem development, supply chain resilience, demand and supply planning
- Supporting knowledge building efforts such as developing offerings, assets, capabilities, tools and relevant thought leadership, insights and engage with the wider Sustainability community across Accenture globally
Here’s what you will need
- Minimum of 4 years (Manager) / 7 years (Senior Manager) of experience embedding and implementing circularity across aspects of the value chain, such as product design & portfolio innovation, sourcing & procurement, manufacturing & operations, new product & service offerings, reverse logistics & takeback
- Deep understanding of circular frameworks, EMF metrics, business models, and the ecosystem agenda
- Knowledge of relevant tools (e.g. lifecycle assessment, material flow mapping, Material Circularity Indicator (MCI) tool), standards (e.g. recyclability), and regulatory frameworks across key material streams
- Functional knowledge of commodity markets, key material streams and secondary markets, as well as industrial processes and shifts
- Experience with key thematic topics, i.e. plastics & packaging, metals, electronics, textiles, regeneration & future of food, construction etc.
- Proven experience in systems thinking, and with quantitative and qualitative analysis, research, and business case development skills
- Proven experience with core supply chain business capabilities and relevant supply chain technologies
- Executive presence and relationship building at all levels, including with senior executives
- Experience leading diverse, global teams in complex, multifaceted engagements
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, i.e. comfort leading presentations and facilitating working with large audiences
As required by Colorado law under the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is 119,880 - 288,500 and [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.