Leave & Accom Specialist (2022-32783)
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.Responsibilities
The Leave & Accommodation Specialist is responsible for the management and administration of the company's leave of absence and accommodation program in multiple jurisdictions, with a focus on effectively navigating complex issues to create a seamless employee experience.Responsibilities
- Responsible for administration of leave programs for assigned employees, including Short- and Long-Term Disability leave, Military leave, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave, Non-FMLA leave, Parental leave, State-sponsored leave, and Personal leaves of absence.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and liaison for all parties in the Americans with Disabilities Act accommodation process, seeking a full understanding of employee needs and business circumstances to make sound recommendations while maintaining confidentiality.
- Maintains an up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of the dynamic federal, state and local leave and accommodation regulations (e.g. California Family Rights Act, New York Paid Family Leave, etc.)
- Administers all leave and accommodation practices in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and established company policies.
- Responds directly to employees and leaders with questions regarding leaves of absence and/or accommodations, ensuring a thorough understanding of applicable leave concepts and laws, as well as next steps.
- Assist leaders with time entry related to leaves of absence within the PeopleSoft Time and Labor application.
- Liaises with all parties involved in the leave and accommodation process, including employees, employee managers/supervisors, HR, Legal, and third-party administrator, to ensure accurate and efficient processing of requests.
- Troubleshoots all escalated and complex leave and accommodation issues, addressing and resolving any issues in a timely manner; exercises sound judgment as to when to escalate issues to assigned leadership.
- Creates and analyzes reports to track compliance, usage, transactions, and 3rd party effectiveness associated with the company's leave and accommodation program, and makes recommendations based upon these reports.
- Manage leave of absence timekeeping entries/approvals, corrections, rejections, supplemental pay and LTD wage verifications
- High School Diploma required; some college and/or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous experience in a leave and accommodation role for a third-party leave administrator or in an in-house capacity preferred required.
- Knowledge of and experience with local, state, and federal leave regulations, including solid knowledge of STD, LTD, FMLA, ADA, military leave, and parental leave required.
- Strong data analysis and research skills.
- Proficient in Office 365/Google Docs, especially Excel.
- Knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive employee data.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.