Equity Finance / Delta One Trader (0000HIHS_New_York)
- The role requires a strong technical background of trading Total Return Swaps, Single Stock Futures, Stock Borrowing and Lending as well as Custom Baskets.
- Knowledge of the Americas Delta 1 arena and being able to display strong relationships within the market.
- A broad understanding of Balance Sheet management with a view to efficiently optimise inventory
- Focus on Market Making and Flow Trading on US and LATAM Markets within the Sythetic Finance mandate.
- Responsible for executing trades as directed by sales or responding to RFQs
- Responsible for pricing, hedging and risk management
- Strong IT skills essential and display an analytical background
Impact on the Business/Function
- Keeping within all limits set by Credit and Market Risk teams at all time
- Efficiently manage a large trading book and showcase the ability to show transparent pricing to Sales and Clients alike.
- Accurate booking in relevant trading systems
- External & Internal Clients: networks, develops and nurtures client relationships, anticipates and identifies their needs.
- Internal Collaboration: Develops close and effective working relationships within respective Regions/ Countries/Functions /Global Businesses
Leadership and Teamwork
- Communicate a clear vision that is aligned to the overall HSBC vision, Values and goals, and inspires and engages people to create an inclusive, high performing, customer-centred culture.
- Lead, develop and motivate the leadership team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives.
Operational Effectiveness and Control
- Manage the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximise end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintain a robust and efficient control environment to ensure good operational, financial and project management and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
Operational Effectiveness and Control (cont’d)
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs
Management of Risk
- The incumbant is responsible for managing as well as mitigating operational and conduct risks in their day to day operations
- Must embrace HSBC’s core values and pillars
- Adhere to local regulatory policies and trading venue rules applicable to the desk and the balance sheet location the trader is mandated.
- Attest on a daily basis that P&L and other risk metrics are correct and are in line with the specific desk mandates.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Attest to be fully FIM compliant
- Immediate escalation to management of any potential or actual breaches.
- Be procative in helping to strengthen controls on the desk.
- Adhere to fully and promote HSBC’s Tax Guidelines within the group.
- Maintain a robust and efficient control environment to ensure good operational, financial and project management and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.