Operations Risk - Risk Management - Senior Associate (REF10404O)
As a valued colleague on our team, you will contribute to assessing and identifying potential risks that may threaten our reputation, safety, security, and/or financial success, as well as collaborate with team in communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders across the enterprise, and understanding business objectives
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Operations Risk - Risk Management - Senior Associate role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Determine business areas that pose potential risks to the enterprise.
- Evaluate the impact of proposed risks to the enterprise.
- Monitor and report on information and processes to reduce risk using rigorous analysis.
- Document and report on resolutions and control guidelines.
- Partner with the team to review business strategies, and make decisions that will drive success in the face of shifting consumer behaviors and regulations.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 2 years
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Mortgage industry
Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
Demonstrated experience with LEAN process improvement and ability to identify and recommend improvements to processes and control environments to drive efficiency.
- Experience in a related control discipline (e.g. Operational Risk Management, Strategic Initiatives, Internal/External Audit, SOX, Operations, etc.), ideally with a top consulting firm or major financial services organization.
- Demonstrated ability to perform independent risk reviews including control design assessments, utilizing industry best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with LEAN process improvement and ability to identify and recommend improvements to processes and control environments to drive efficiency.
- Knowledge of the Mortgage industry and/or Single Family business is a plus.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong work ethic, excellent use of discretion and judgment and the ability to work under pressure and multi-task on various assignments.
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure successful project completion The group of skills related to Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc..
- The group of skills related to Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
- Experience using RiskWorks
- Experience using SharePoint
- Skilled in Visio
- Skilled in Excel