Senior Analyst International FP&A (HERSA005H13254)
Job Title: Senior Analyst International FP&A
Job Location: Hershey, PA
This position provides detailed analytical support in the coordination, consolidation, analysis, and forecasting of International Business Units in order to generate the Annual Plan, Business Updates, Strategic Plan and quarterly outlooks. Populate and maintain various Annual Plan/Outlook/Business Update/Strategic Plan models and corresponding output. Assist in modeling and presentation materials adding consistency in reporting. Support the International planning efforts and assist in maintaining and improving financial models. This position will provide analytical support to various areas in controlling spending, analyzing variances, challenging assumptions and preparing various reports/analysis on a periodic basis.
Accuracy and thoroughness is required of this position to meet Company financial commitments and objectives. Documentation of planning processes and procedures, assisting in developing and delivering training materials for cost center managers and financial reps. Coordination of planning and communicating the calendar.
The position provides support to the Sr. Mgr Int’l FP&A in the development of complex and interpretive financial analyses to the division. Specific areas of analysis would include P&L analysis, innovation projects evaluation, portfolio analysis, trade & marketing expense analysis, P&L analysis, costing and sourcing analysis.
• Coordinate the preparation of the International Business Units Strategic Plan, Annual Plan, Quarterly Business Updates and Monthly Latest Estimates in terms of Sales and Operating Income forecasts.
• Consolidate International Strategic Plan, Annual Plan, Business Updates and Latest Estimates.
• Support a fast moving environment, quickly and efficiently pivot and update financial models when assumptions change.
• Prepare frequent updates of projected financial results, reconcile and compare new assumptions between the prior forecast assumptions.
• Lead the preparation of the regular forecast and annual Marketing & Divisional operating budgets for International Admin
• Assist in the preparation of materials and financial commentaries for Sr. Management presentations to the Board of Directors, GLT, employees, etc.
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
• Responsible to build and manage International reporting that compares actual results to multiple forecast versions (Annual Plan, BU’s, and LE’s), along with Prior Year variances.
• Analyze performance results and collaborate across the organization to determine variance drivers, filter and compress large volumes of detailed variance data into clear and concise explanations.
• Identify potential risks and opportunities to achievement of the sales, operating income, SG&A, TP and DME budgets/commitments.
• Prepare executive level PowerPoint slides on business results and forecast for the Monthly International MBR and Global MBR and effectively communicate and review with Sr. Manager Intl FP&A.
• Profitability Analysis: Analyze SKU, Brand, Packtype profitability by market and for the division. Identifies trends and developments in the competitive environments and presents findings to senior management. Performs various marketing expense and trade spending analysis to determine effectiveness.
• Provide other adhoc reports as required by management.
• Identify areas for report simplification and/or improvements to current International processes to improve the accuracy and reliability of financial data.
• Secure the necessary resources and lead the implementation of corrective actions to improve effectivess of financial reporting systems.
• Provide training/consultation/guidance to other departments on financial forecasts matters as required.
• Represent International Finance in forums/meetings involving financial reporting and planning.
• Attend other corporate activities as needed
• Assist on special projects as assigned by Sr. Mgr International FP&A
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
• Ability to work well with others and as part of a team
• Sensitivity to other cultures and cultural differences.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Strong drive for results
• Strong business and financial acumen and judgement
• Initiates projects based on business diagnosis; works under minimal supervision and serves as business advisor
• Working knowledge of SAP FI and CO modules, key bolt-ons & interfaces, and related interdependencies
• Strategic thinker and high intellectual horsepower
• Strong computer and excel financial modeling skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Ability and aptitude to work with technical aspects of financial information systems.
• Knowledge of GAAP, general ledger accounting and financial reporting processes preferred.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors Degree with Business Administration, Finance or Accounting emphasis. MBA preferred.
Minimum 3-5 years progressive experience in financial transaction processing, financial reporting and planning.
ONE Brands, a division of The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of ONE Brands is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
ONE Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center [Register to View]