Technology Vendor Relationship Specialist (890604900A0)
Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
This role of Technology Vendor Relationship Specialist is situated in Technology Vendor Strategy and Relations for Global Technology. Its primary accountability is to Partner with IT Leaders to develop the Vendor Strategy and execution framework, enabling the right resource at the right time, performing for the optimum success of our business and the business of IT. This role works directly with business stakeholders and leaders across the organization to optimize value and minimize risk for key spend areas. This includes building strong partnerships and collaborate with cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders including the MetLife Business, Legal, Compliance, Risk Management, Architecture, InfoSec, IT, Global Procurement, and others to ensure alignment with MetLife’s policies and procedures, where necessary. This role also serves as the single point of contact for supplier-related issues and closure with senior management peers and suppliers, driving change management, Technology Strategic Sourcing positioning, and serving as the authority for critical issue escalation to closure. The role will also hold a responsibility for maintaining key relationships with some of our Strategic Partners and ensuring operational compliance.
Additionally, this role will assist the AVP Technology Strategic Sourcing in developing high-level strategy across multiple sourcing categories. The team partners closely with Global Procurement by providing subject matter expertise that ensures high quality of services at industry leading commercial agreements. The role requires in-depth knowledge of Technology categories and uses this knowledge to communicate expectations for vendor relationships across GT.
- Oversight of $300M+ in annual spend with key global supplier relationships; maximizes supplier value to MetLife through contractual provisions and holding suppliers accountable for delivery in accordance with their contractual obligations.
- Assist in consolidation and reduction of 3K+ technology supplier footprint, driving optimization and simplification across the Technology ecosystem
- Actively works with procurement and other cross-functional teams on all technical requirements and performance standards, providing subject matter expertise and alignment to GTO’s strategic plan to also seek more savings and better contractual terms for MetLife. This involves collaborating with key stakeholders to identify risks and recommend alternatives to mitigate such risks.
- Provides vendor-related subject matter expertise to Technology transformations.
- Facilitate volume discount analysis, supplier rebates closure, in support of contribution to vendor credit strategy
- Manage Visa Letter process for all of Technology related areas by working with Employee Relations/legal to ensure a consistent process and governance and alignment to MetLife’s policies and procedures.
- Supports or leads Technical vendor negotiations as key SME, including terms and provides strategic risk decisions (ex: length of term, service levels, etc.)
- Reviews and agrees on financial analysis of technology vendors
- Advises on structuring service level agreements and leads ongoing supplier performance management.
- Analysis and closure of supplier-related issues with senior management, process change management, Technology Strategic Sourcing positioning, and serving as the authority for critical issue escalation to closure.
- Engages with Industry experts and tooling to stay current on Industry trends.
- Strong strategic thinker with proven track record of driving and delivering enterprise-wide initiatives
- Ability to manage large scale projects with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to present to C-Suite personnel
- Deep understanding of supplier contracts and structure
- Deep understanding of SLAs, KPI and other performance measures and milestones
- Translating contract terms into effective monitoring
- Data Analytics and insights with strong Excel experience
- Work hand in hand with IT functional leaders, their orgs, Global Procurement, Legal and Finance departments to negotiate best in class deals and then monitor vendor performance on those deals
- Managing escalations around assigned vendors
- Financial background preferred (Payments, invoicing, accruals)
- 8+ years experience in Vendor Management or similar roles
- Bachelors Degree or relevant experience
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 125851