Senior Marketing Executive (Outside Sales) - Houston, TX (2226485)
Recognized as one of Forbes 2021 World’s Best Employers and named to Fast Company magazine’s list of 2021 Most Innovative Companies, Labcorp is seeking to hire a Senior Marketing Executive to help identify and shape opportunities for Labcorp Diagnostics continued growth.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of a leading global life sciences company that advances patient health and powers clear, confident decisions through its diagnostics and drug development offerings, selling the benefits of LabCorp in many physician specialties.
As a Senior Marketing Executive, you will function as an outside sales representative primarily focused on growing new business and retaining business while prospecting, developing, and closing sales on a monthly basis.
The territory for this position will cover the East Houston area for the Houston, TX region focusing on physician offices, physician groups, and healthcare professionals across all primary care and specialty physicians.
We are seeking a highly driven and competitive individual with a high degree of collaboration, communication and business acumen skills who enjoys growing and working with a seasoned, high-performing team across a wide variety of high-growth therapeutic areas.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Drive new business and organize an annual book of upsell business, while meeting and exceeding sales growth goals in the assigned territory. Achieve long and short-term sales objectives by providing specialty solutions
- Serve as a subject matter expert and champion of Labcorp's expansive list of testing solutions for customers and prospective clients
- Create effective customer relationships. Make in-person visits to clients on a regular basis to provide ongoing customer support, education on focus products, and market updates for the current customer base using sales analytics and insights
- Act as a liaison between the client and Labcorp. Collaborate, communicate and actively contribute to new business opportunities with LabCorp Clinical Sales counterparts
- Keep current with the competition's products, service offerings, and activity
- Stay updated on new products, clinical guidelines, new developments in the industry & research trends
- Use market data, sales analytics, and insights to make sales decisions and spot new business opportunities
- Provide updates to senior leadership on key strategic initiatives and new business opportunities
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all company support departments internally
- Effectively manage travel logistics to maximize sales productivity
- Attend local and national professional trade shows and events as requested
- Update all relevant customer account information into Salesforce.com
- Cold call and build a sales pipeline that will provide ongoing revenue goal achievement
- Accurately forecast and maintain a sales funnel of new opportunities in line with a 90-day quota
- Collaborate closely with team members to retain a current book of business
- Perform in-services, training, and implementation with pertinent personnel and physician staff
- Collaborate and actively contribute to new business opportunities with LCA counterparts
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Previous sales experience or account management is required; preferably 3 years
- Experience in the healthcare or medical device industry
- Previous clinical laboratory or diagnostics sales experience is highly desired
- Medical device sales experience and business-to-business experience preferred
- Ability to collaborate closely with sales and operations teams to grow the business
- Strong consultative selling and closing skills
- Ability to understand complex scientific literature and use clinical data as a selling factor
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Proficiency in EMR, EHR, Epic, Cerner, or IT infrastructure preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint & Excel, Salesforce.com
- Ability to travel overnight as needed
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.