Lab Supervisor- Specimen Accessioning (2228451)
Are you detail oriented, process focused, and enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading company that offers growth and stability? LabCorp is seeking a Support Services Supervisor to join our team in Novi, MI. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
The schedule for this position will be Monday-Friday- 2nd Shift; this will be an 8 hour shift ranging between the hours of 3:00PM to 1:30AM.
- Supervise the day to day operations of the Accessioning Department
- Assist with preparation of laboratory specimens for analysis and testing
- Directly supervise, train, and mentor non-technical personnel of the department
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab and schedule adequate coverage
- Responsible for ensuring all shifts in the department are properly staffed
- Research and resolve any production errors while escalating when necessary
- Engage in continuous process and service level improvements
- Perform quality assurance checks to ensure efficiency and accuracy
- Prepare and maintain Quality Assurance records and documents
- Meet regularly with direct reports to provide coaching and feedback for their development
- Responsible for administering and managing policies and procedures
- Process and maintain payroll and personnel files
- Perform administrative duties as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates or Bachelor's degree is a plus
- 3 years of relevant experience; preferably in a clinical laboratory
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience is preferred
- Familiarity with laboratory operations as well as policies and procedures is preferred
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail with strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to make decisions in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the position
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.