Associate Director - Trading - Public Fixed Income (866677200A2)
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the world, with over $651 billion in combined managed assets, and has consistently generated superior returns for both policyholders and shareholders. The enterprise has more than 900 dedicated professionals with extensive experience and expertise across public and private fixed income and private assets, including real estate. Visit us at [Register to View] style="color:blue;text-decoration:underline">[Register to View] to learn more.
The role is a key position as it relates to the trade execution and alignment to portfolio management teams for total return strategies / client-based portfolios and General account strategies within MIM.
- Execution of trades across multiple sectors and portfolio strategies aligned with internal trading process and best execution policy.
- Manage the order / allocation process for both Primary and Secondary execution.
- Manage Broker dealer relationship – Trading, Sales, Syndicate.
- Work Closely with Portfolio Management Team to assist in Identifying investible ideas, with focus on Relative Value from issuer and sector perspective.
- Work tightly with the research analyst team to identify and align portfolio investment opportunities.
- Market intelligence communication.
- Allocation of securities.
- Resolution of trade operations and compliance issues.
- Timely Booking of trades and hedges.
- Participate in regular scheduled trading desk meetings.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree well as any other related field of expertise.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel.
- 5-10 years of Fixed income trading experience, with preferred focus on Investment Grade Trading.
- Bloomberg, Marketaxess, Tradeweb proficiency.
- Team Oriented with strong, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Knowledge of Corporate Credit Markets. .
- Masters/MBA preferred.
- BlackRock Solutions.
- Aladdin OMS.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 124441