Healthcare Revenue Cycle Consultant (R00101038_Boston)
Management Consulting professionals at Accenture belong enable us to deliver the increasingly specialized skills that clients demand while providing our people with varied career opportunities.
Our management consultants have the opportunity to work and collaborate with colleagues from across the full spectrum of consulting activity: identifying and creatively solving complex problems, designing and re-engineering critical processes, and fundamentally transforming the way a company operates. Our management consultants are more than just theorists - they turn theory into action. Acting as trusted advisors to our clients, they work directly with FORTUNE© Global 500 companies across many different industry sectors. They concentrate on getting a holistic view of a client's business and industry environment and use their expertise and critical thinking skills to design and deliver realistic, achievable business strategies and solutions that address key client priorities.
Much of the work we do is at the cutting edge of innovation and thinking. We involve our consultants in publishing and sharing this knowledge as thought leadership to benefit clients, industry and fellow colleagues.
As a Revenue Cycle Consultant, you will be at the core of shaping and delivering business transformation projects to respond to our clients' business challenges. You are likely to lead a range of activities from identifying client value creation opportunities to project managing the business solution implementation.
- Shape and Deliver Business Transformation Projects
- Lead Revenue Cycle solutions across complex, large-scale health care providers; this includes understanding of the Revenue Cycle process and its full impact on the financials. Solutions include comprehensive transformational initiatives for operating models, technology implementation support, and change management
- Identify and prioritize client value creation opportunities based on research and analysis activities and an understanding of client visions, performance gaps, and needs.
- Shape and lead the business solution implementation: defining and supervising business architecture, process design and development activities, developing capabilities and performance measurements/KPIs.
- Develop implementation plans and leading teams to execute project deliverables to schedule, budget and performance goals. Managing project financials. Assessing and managing risk throughout the project lifecycle and making adjustments as needed. Ensuring planned business outcomes are achieved.
- Help clients start the process of modernizing their revenue cycle and finance functions by consulting with internal and external teams to set strategy and goals, then prioritizing your team’s workflow
- Direct business pilots and client deployment activities.
- Design the projects overall communication strategy and approach to the desired change journey.
- Manage engagement risk, project economics, deliverable content, and ensure client buy-in
Client Relationship Development and Management
- Manage key client stakeholder relationships and communications at all stages of the project. Facilitating complex meetings, presentations and workshops to build client commitment for the change.
- Cultivate follow-on opportunities at clients and developing compelling business case/proposals to new business opportunities.
- Be a trusted advisor to senior leadership
- Participate in practice-building activities (e.g., conference participation, thought leadership development, market offering development, recruiting).
- Identify and begin developing expertise in specific practice specialty areas to drive firm recognized expertise development.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to managers, consultants, and analyst team and practice members.
- Encourage innovation from team members; support their ideas and career goals; provide coaching and mentoring to practitioners
- Grow the practice by owning the new business proposal process
- Stay on top of current regulations, trends, and technologies influencing revenue cycle across broad client types (e.g., hospitals, health systems, medical groups, pharmacies, durable medical equipment suppliers)
It is our intention for our people to live where they work and work where they live. However, in the context of our profession and serving our clients there may be times when you will need to travel.Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of finance and management consulting experience
- Minimum of 2 years of healthcare provider Revenue Cycle environment experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience transforming revenue cycle processes to maximize realizable revenue, minimize denials and accelerate cash flow
- Consulting experience (Big 4 or similar)
- Bachelor's Degree
- You’re a pro when it comes to engagement – plus business, practice, and people development
- Strong financial acumen, ability to develop budgets, forecast revenue, develop early warning signs and adapt the organization to achieve financial targets
- Prior experience working in consultancy or consulting capacity is preferred
- Experience with Robotics Process Automation, Data Visualization and Analytics in Revenue Cycle
- Solid financial analysis and diagnosis skills
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adept at using experience and knowledge of industry, geographic and technology trends to assess and shape business solutions
- Effective leadership and management skills with a proven ability to mobilize and energize project teams to deliver results.
- Strong executive level relationship building skills.
- Ability to create and deliver high-impact communications to senior audiences (written and oral) and facilitate complex discussions.
- You’ve got an MBA after your name or another type of advanced degree
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $112,400 - $167,600 and [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.