Manager Trainee - $45,000 + VAX REQUIRED (04346I033)
84 Lumber soon will be subject to COVID-19 vaccine requirements . As a result, we are requiring all new associates to submit proof of full vaccination with one of the three COVID-19 vaccines approved and/or authorized by the FDA, or proof of having received the first vaccine dose with the second dose scheduled, on or before their first day of employment, unless the associate has been approved for an exemption.
As one of the industry's leading suppliers of building materials, we are always looking for our future leaders. Our Manager Trainee program is one of the finest in the industry and provides a solid foundation for you to build your future on.
This position is our entry-level position into the management career path, and from this point you can build your own future with the tools and skills that 84 Lumber will provide you.
Training: At 84 Lumber we offer an excellent and comprehensive Early Development Program and Self Study Program, which successful candidates complete within 4 to 6 months. All successful candidates attend a comprehensive 3-day training program our Corporate Headquarters where you will get one on one training with our field experienced trainers!
Promotions: 84 Lumber Company not only helps build your foundation, we also promote nearly 100% from within! Usually within the first year, successful Manager Trainees are promoted to Co-Manager of a store, a Contractor Sales Representative, or a position at our Team Headquarters. The career path is your choice!
Job Description: A successful Manager Trainee candidate must have excellent communication skills and interact with and work well with others in our fast paced and ever changing industry.
Other responsibilities include:
- Sell lumber and building materials, conduct price quotes, process orders and returns, and develop excellent product knowledge.
- Create material estimates for customers in a timely manner
- Synchronize delivery and/or pick ups of customer orders
- Quickly resolve customer complaints and problems
- Able to prioritize; manage time and orchestrate multiple tasks.
- Interacts with other 84 Lumber stores, corporate office, and vendors.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers.
- Maintaining and merchandising inventory
- Loading/Unloading delivery trucks
- Experience working in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Previous experience in retail or building industry highly preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must take and pass drug test and consent to a background check.
- Must take and pass other pre-employment assessments.
- Work in outdoor / indoor conditions, and ability to load and unload lumber and other building materials with or without reasonable accommodations.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); Bachelor's Degree preferred; Or two to four years of equivalent job related experience.