Commercial Real Estate, Underwriter/Portfolio Manager (0000HIF1_Atlanta)
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our Miami, Florida office.
As part of our national underwriting and portfolio management team you will analyze commercial real estate lending opportunities submitted by the origination team in Miami (and other regions from time to time). Prepares cash flow and underwriting valuations with a focus on large complex transactions, including construction loans, bridge loans, acquisition loans, renovation/reposition financing, loan-on-loan financings and syndications for national and international clients. Perform portfolio management of existing loans including annual reviews and covenant monitoring. Assists relationship managers with underwriting memoranda and pitch books. You may participate in client prospecting and meetings. Assists with portfolio management, customer service, and assisting more experienced underwriters along with relationship managers. Assists senior management with special assignments.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfill their hopes and realize their ambitions.
You will be responsible for:
- Respond to requests for property valuation and cash flow analysis for real estate loan proposals from major international and domestic owner/operators and developers. Properties are located throughout the United States, with particular focus on the major cities and the Western US.
- Prepare independent, reliable estimates of potential cash flow and current underwriting values used to screen and evaluate office, multifamily, hotel, and retail properties located throughout the US. Ensure timely and complete presentation of cash flow models and value estimates to support the credit decision process and determine whether there will be sufficient cash flow to repay the loan.
- Determine prospective loan to value, debt yield, and other key metrics for credit approval submission.
- Assist with preparation of underwriting memoranda and pitch books. Participate in meetings/calls with senior management and assist with client prospecting. Join client and broker meetings from time to time.
- Attend and participate in deal reviews, DPC’s and other deal discussions.
- Timely complete annual and other periodic reviews to ensure appropriate risk rating of portfolio and compliance with covenants.
- Support head of portfolio management with work flow and annual review assignments and attend and participate in monthly covenant governance conference call.