Account Executive (832186700A5)
For more than 150 years, our team has taken a people-centric approach to sales, cultivating lasting relationships with brokers and consultants to help them better support their clients: employers across America. Thanks to our recommendations and expertise, they’re able to bring real value to thousands of employees and their families every year.
Together, we are building a healthier, happier society. Are you ready to be part of that?
About the Role
As a purpose-driven company with an established presence in the insurance industry, we are dedicated to building a diverse and motivated workforce. By collaborating with colleagues across different teams and projects, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your
skills and expand your mindset—opening the door to new career heights and possibilities.
As an Account Executive for National Accounts, you’ll be part of a team that provides benefits and other workforce solutions to U.S.-based employers with more than 5,000
employees—including 92 of the Fortune 100, and 75% of Fortune 500 companies. Generating approximately $1.2 billion in annual sales and more than $9 billion in revenue, this exciting branch of our organization provides the chance to directly contribute to MetLife’s growth.
The National Accounts team works with more than 1,600 U.S. advisors—impacting the lives of around 50 million employees and their dependents for the better. We help our clients take care of their most valuable resource, their workforce, by providing solutions and coverage to give America’s employers and employees alike the confidence they need to weather life’s ups and downs, now and in the future. MetLife’s comprehensive offerings include life, disability, vision, dental, property & casualty, accident & health, and legal insurance, in addition to an ever-evolving set of voluntary benefits.
As an Account Executive, you’ll be part of the solution and go home every night knowing you made a difference. This is your opportunity to:
You know the value of personal connections and strive to build them in your daily life—whether it’s the person who makes your coffee just the way you like it or the client you only speak with once a month. You constantly seek out-of-the-box solutions and are open to new challenges and perspectives.
Most of all, you’re looking for an opportunity that would allow you to grow both personally and professionally. You’re looking for a role that inspires and excites you, where you feel valued and encouraged to learn new things and explore different solutions. You’re looking for a well-respected company with a history of taking care of their clients and their team.
You’re looking for MetLife. Here’s what we’re looking for from you:
- 5+ years’ experience in B2B sales or client management—with a proven track record of success
- Stellar customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills—including public speaking, negotiating, influencing, and networking savvy
- Finely tuned listening skills, complemented by a masterful talent for solving problems
- Strategic and creative thinking skills
- Keen financial acumen and attention to detail, particularly concerning product earnings
- Motivated, independent, and adaptable working style, with the ability to thrive in fast-paced situations that require multitasking and prioritization
- Accomplished change management leader, able to operate effectively in a highly matrixed environment
- Valid Life & Health and Property & Casualty licenses, or the ability to obtain within six months of hire
- 7+ years of experience in B2B sales or client management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
If this all sounds like you so far, we think you’d be a great fit for our team. But to help you decide if MetLife is the right fit for you, let us tell you a little more about our company.
When we say we are purpose-driven, we mean it. We’re committed to supporting the community, protecting the environment, and building a workplace where people from all backgrounds can thrive:
- Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index: Recognized for our commitment to gender equality and representation in leadership five years running
- Human Rights Campaign: Recognized as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality for 16 consecutive years
- National Association for Female Executives: Recognized as a Top Company for Executive Women
- Coronavirus support and relief: Dedicated more than $250 million as of May 2020
- Sustainability: Implemented company-wide policies to achieve carbon neutrality, decrease energy consumption, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.