Sr. DevOps Engineer (871890200A2)
Locations: Cary, NC Greenville, SC Bridgewater, NJ New York, NY
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife’s vision is to be there for our customers as they journey through their life helping to build a more confident future. Driven by passion and purpose, we are looking for you to work on the US Digital team as a Senior Software Development Engineer, to help deliver that vision.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be a DevOps release engineer on a fast-paced, Product team building and running systems that are customer-first, leveraging modern, cloud technologies, cutting edge design and integrations across the entire software stack. You will have an opportunity to impact every part of the system, foster and cultivate your curiosity and iterate over solutions to be the very best you could be to deliver for our customers. #LI-SU1
- Design and implement solutions that are highly available, scalable and self-healing
- Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing and production environments
- Design, manage and maintain tools to automate operational processes, including deployment and monitoring of applications
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics and logging systems
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies
- Implement and automate security controls, governance processes and compliance validation
- Evaluate and recommend new capabilities that drive automation and scaling of solutions. Active participant in creating a DevOps culture
- Ensuring release engineering quality and establishing reusable patterns across the entire team
- Working with the cross-functional teams for delivery
- Implementing robust scaling, monitoring and alerting
- Mentoring Mid/Junior DevOps Engineers
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Five plus years in software engineer or DevOps release engineering
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in Software Engineering principles
- Ability to build, deliver and operate complex, cloud-based systems
- Microsoft Azure DevOps or equivalent
Top candidate may have some of the following:
- Certification in Microsoft Azure Developer Associate
- Agile Software Engineering
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 124733