Director - Strategy & Planning (884152600A1)
The role will report directly to the VP of Strategy and Planning for Global Technology and support execution of a multi-year technology transformation. This role will act as a leader and liaison between the Global CIO and other stakeholders, both internal and external. The role will coordinate strategic planning for Global Technology and support operational delivery of defined strategies. In addition, role will frequently facilitate messaging of complex technology initiatives to executive leadership and partner with Sr. executives to develop metrics, performance measures and reports that support business objectives and results.
• Manages, coaches, and develops personnel cross-functionally in the creation, communication and implementation of strategic business plans and initiatives.
• Initiates and facilitates planning processes within the organization, often with senior level officers at the planning board level.
• Manages and implements Global Technology communication and change management strategy
• Translates senior management vision into a department-wide vision and strategy, with service level and business objectives as goals.
• Communicates vision and strategy to staff within department.
• Supports in organizational design and communication of new leadership and organization models.
• Partners with other operational areas to build strong working relationships and improve workflow and organizational issues.
• Leads cyber security crisis management efforts in support of enterprise, interacting frequently with executive leadership team members and other Sr. executives across MetLife.
• Analyses information and makes recommendations and present results to senior management.
• Oversees the development and refinement of performance measures and/or reengineering processes.
• Strong collaboration and relationship management skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with ability to communicate complex technical messages and trade-offs to tell a compelling story
• Demonstrated proficiency facilitating organizational change management initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deliverables, honor commitments, and “can do” attitude in challenging but exciting environment.
• Ability to manage large volume of concurrent high priority initiatives with a focus on high quality outcomes.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or relevant field with a solid understanding of performance or operational excellence concepts; master's degree in business administration is a plus
• 8-10+ years of progressive professional experience; operational metric/KPI, experience leading complex programs across multiple organizations, developing and implementing evidence-based performance improvement within a Technology or Software Engineering organizations.
• Strong engineering or technology experience
“At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 125663