Actuarial Consultant (896303700A0)
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
Role Value Proposition:
This position will be a member of the Group Life team within the Group Benefits Actuarial department. The Analytic Consultant will be responsible for the Statutory, GAAP and Tax Reserve valuation, new product implementation, as well as asset liability projection, for one or more products.
- Reserve valuation and financial reporting for Group Life products.
- Explain reserve variances and earning analysis to the line of business.
- Perform new business and inforce reserve assumptions updates and testing.
- GAAP loss recognition testing of group life products & liability projections for Statutory asset adequacy analysis
- Create, maintain and re-certify all process documentation.
- Actively partner with CFO and other business partners to discuss the reserve variation.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 1+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, accounting or modeling.
- Must have passed at least 2 actuarial exams.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Utilize a strong technical, analytical skillset (SQL, VBA) to navigate multiple data sources in order to extract the data necessary to perform complex analyses.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excels at building partnerships and fostering teamwork.
- Reserve valuation or financial reporting experience a plus.
- Financial services industry experience is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, VBA and PolySystems is a plus.
- Passed 3 or more actuarial exams is a plus
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 126288