Full Stack KDB Engineer
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our New York, New York office.
Equities Technology solve some of the most interesting and complex challenges in the financial industry to help our global business and its customers succeed. Shipping code early and often using Agile and DevOps principles is critical for us to deliver business value, with continuous improvement and learning at the center of everything we do.
We are motivated by challenging each other to push the boundaries of financial and technological innovation, in an open, inclusive, and diverse environment. We are looking for the brightest and best developers to take our capability forward.
About the Team
You will join our Algo Analytics and Execution Data POD in Equities Electronic Trading. We are a software engineering team using kdb+/q time series technology to handle large volumes of financial markets data each day.
Collecting, storing, analyzing and distributing data across multiple systems with varied requirements creates many interesting challenges and gives plenty opportunities for improvements and innovation – including usage of Cloud storage and compute engines. We work very closely with our business colleagues so you will have the opportunity to work directly with our business traders and quantitative analysts.
We are a global team with staff in London, Hong Kong, New York, Pune and Krakow.
Purpose of the Job
- Driving the development of upcoming new KDB projects
- Guiding system architecture design and assisting with refactoring of legacy code
- Building and maintaining KDB micro service based applications across multiple locations in a Hybrid (Colo-Campus-Cloud) model across the globe.
- Managing KDB projects – designing and delivering end to end solutions
- Creating and updating automated reporting based off of KDB stored data
- Working with quant team to develop and implement new models for algo trading as well as reports based off trading activity
- Building KDB systems. Dev ops and production support
- Helping to build out the ‘next generation’ of Equities execution platform at HSBC.