Algo Lead Developer
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our New York, New York office.
Equities Technology solve some of the most interesting and complex challenges in the financial industry to help our global business and its customers succeed. Shipping code early and often using Agile and DevOps principles is critical for us to deliver business value, with continuous improvement and learning at the center of everything we do.
- We are motivated by challenging each other to push the boundaries of financial and technological innovation, in an open, inclusive, and diverse environment. We are looking for the brightest and best developers to take our capability forward.
- You will join our Algorithmic Trading Technology POD in Equities Electronic Trading. The Cash Equities Algorithmic Trading Technology team runs the execution stack from client FIX message in through to order message on the exchange.
- The team develops and maintains its own Algorithmic Trading Container, View Server and HTML5 based UI and Smart Order Router. It also has a dedicated infrastructure team for managing its off-campus hardware estate. We work very closely with our business colleagues so you will have the opportunity to work directly with our business traders and quantitative analysts.
- The team spans the 3 main trading hubs (Hong Kong, New York, London), with team members in six locations (Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, London, Pune and Krakow).
- Working as part of the front office team the candidate should be a Java expert and have a detailed working knowledge of the Java and the JVM (Java Virtual Machine), garbage collection, data structures. The current projects are written in Java or Scala, so the candidates would have to be willing to learn Scala.
- It is also expected for the candidate work on production support issues (via a rota) and be involved in improvements on automation and dev ops.
- Building low latency processes, algorithms. Dev ops and production support
- You will need to be an excellent communicator with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- You will handle all phases of development (requirements gathering/analysis through to implementation), establishing solid relationships and trust built on proven delivery.
- You will help us continue on the journey of implementing Infrastructure as code, containerization, micro services and using cloud infrastructure, while ensuring the highest levels of stability and control of our production platforms
- This role is business-facing and places a high degree of emphasis on service delivery, operations and relationship management. This will require engagement with internal IT teams and business units to ensure stakeholders are receiving excellent levels of application based service.