Assistant Vice President, Senior Loan Closer (0000GYET_Depew)
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our Jersey City, New Jersey office.About Us
Our purpose – Opening up a world of opportunity – explains why we exist. We’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up new kinds of opportunity for our more than 40 million customers. We’re bringing together the people, ideas and capital that nurture progress and growth, helping to build a better world – for our customers, our people, our investors, our communities and the planet we all share.
We value difference. We succeed together. We take responsibility. We get it done. And we want you to help us build the bank for the future.
The AVP Commercial Loan Closer handles the documentation and closing needs of a diverse, sophisticated portfolio of commercial real estate loans. Reviews and understands loan terms and financial components; identifies potential problems and solutions. Engages and advises attorneys to prepare loan documents in accordance with policy and credit standards. Negotiates legal, policy and procedural components of loan documents. Mitigates documentation and operational risks, including serving as a screening process for issues impacting servicing of transaction. Confirms all loans are closed in compliance with Company procedures and relevant regulations. Coordinates closing activities with all parties involved, including loan funding and booking calculations ensuring all fees and expenses are accurate and documented.What you might action on daily basis:
- Coordinate closing activities with external/internal attorneys, relationship managers, borrower and borrower's counsel
- Serve as a knowledge resource and subject matter authority for CRE on complex transaction and corporate structure
- Engage, lead and direct external counsel to prepare loan documents in accordance with credit approvals, policy and credit standards
- Negotiate legal, policy and procedural components of loan documents in order to decrease risk
- The position leads the closing of the transaction with little to no intervention from the manager
- The position develops and presents solutions for approval to credit, the business or servicing as needed
- The position must be able to manage multiple parties and their expectations as well as handle a minimum of ten transactions at any given time