Senior Test Consultant (875249900A2)
Location - Cary, NC (Hybrid)
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife's US Group Insurance Voluntary Products Application Development Team is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer - Test who has a strong background in Agile Software Testing to support our Legacy Applications Teams as they deliver new products, product enhancements, and operational efficiencies for our US Group Insurance Business. The successful candidate will have experience developing test automation that can be leveraged in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Testing (CI/CD) environment. Experience and a desire to do software development is preferred. A background in Group Insurance is preferred.
- Develop fully autonomous Software Test Automation to validate functionality and business process
- Work with Developers and Business Systems Analysts to identify meaningful tests for automation
- Maintain a library of test automation for an existing application
- Develop tools to assist in the testing & development of an application
- In the absence of test automation tasks, do manual testing and/or software development
- Coach and mentor junior Software Development Engineer - Test
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Experience leading the all-around testing efforts for complex applications.
- Experience in the identification and creation of Test Scripts, Test Cases, and Test Data with the goal of a high degree of automation
- Ability to work closely with Software Engineers and Software Test Engineers to create test data to validate the applications under test
- Experience developing test automation using one or more of these tools (or similar): Selenium Framework, IBM Rational Test Workbench (including Rational Functional Tester and Rational Integration Tester), Cucumber, Gherkin and TOSCA
- Problem-Solving & Decision Making that supports the defect resolution process by bringing an understanding of the application, its data, and the underlying business process
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, embrace change and execute with a solution mindset
- Conduct peer reviews of testing and test automation
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Management, or a related field
- Strong Software Design and Development skills
- Strong on Automation framework, BDD/ ATDD, Sprint Automation
- Experience in Agile Software Delivery
- Excellent Communications Skills - both Technical and Business
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills
- Data Access, Manipulation and Creation Skills
- 5+ years of IT experience with 3+ years of that experience in a test automation
- Experience as a Programmer/Software Engineer
- Insurance/Finance Industry Experience
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Training
- Experience with IBM Mainframe
- Experience with Web Applications (GUI & Services)
- Test Data Management
- Familiarity with DevSecOps
Less than 10%
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.