IT Audit Manager (825966200A6)
Role Value Proposition:
Internal Audit (IA) is an independent global organization that plays an important role in partnering with the business to ensure that management anticipates, recognizes, and appropriately manages risks. We protect MetLife and our stakeholders through meaningful independent assurance and advice, while advocating for risk management and internal controls. Audit reviews may be conducted in specialized areas, such as cybersecurity, IT risk management, enterprise architecture, applications, infrastructure, and vendor management, requiring specific knowledge pertaining to the areas, policies or regulations being audited. We’re looking for an experienced IT Audit Manager that’s excited to be part of a dynamic and highly collaborative team. Someone that is comfortable sharing their ideas and is passionate about building client relationships and delivering high quality impactful results to stakeholders.
- Lead reviews of technology governance, processes and controls, and platforms and tools, to ensure compliance with MetLife Policy, use of compliant best practices, procedural efficiency, and accuracy.
- Contribute to and prepares reports of audit findings for the IA Plan Owner/Sub-Function Leader. Assess and propose recommendations on management’s remediation activities and shares insights regarding potential solutions. Coordinate both IA and management review of the audit report.
- Understand the department’s balanced scorecard metrics and take responsibility to ensure audit projects are delivered to meet the expectations
- Provide input on proposed audit coverage over the IT audit universe risks as requested by the Plan Owner/Sub-Function Leader
- Provide constructive challenge on requirements, prioritization and approach for new audits and projects
- Execute efficient and effective audit planning, fieldwork, reporting, and issue remediation testing, as part of a team or independently
- Perform detailed workpaper reviews in the audit management tool
- Lead and model MetLife success principles in project-level execution
- Lead the team’s interactions with auditees to request and organize evidence during audit work and track follow ups and outstanding/unresolved items.
- Maintain a positive, proactive working relationship with auditees and serve as primary point of contact for the audit related projects
- Coach and provide timely feedback to junior auditors
- Work with mid-level and senior management on project managing the audit’s execution and supporting discussions on issues, observations, and risk insights.
- Communicate timely and appropriately with identified stakeholders within IA and business management. Exercise quick escalation to resolve project barriers and challenges.
- Be aware of and understand the IA strategy and how the audit work aligns to it
- Contribute to the IA strategy and/or local team-based projects, as applicable
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 8+ years IT internal or external audit experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including listening and interviewing skills, as well as highly developed influencing skills and the ability to discuss complex issues across all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence business stakeholders and coach audit team members
- Competent knowledge of Technology and Information Security operations, policies, and procedures
- Understanding of: IT general controls (e.g., security, change management, disaster recovery & backup, infrastructure, etc.); SDLC/Agile methodologies, cybersecurity, and cloud.
- Possesses proficient understanding of operating system and database platforms (e.g., mainframe, Active Directory, Windows, Linux, Oracle, etc.); network architecture; IT governance processes; IT risk management and assessment processes
- Possesses proficient understanding of multiple frameworks such as IIA, COBIT, NIST, SOX, and PCI DSS.
- Demonstrated success and abilities in the following:
- Leverage access to data and analytics tools to analyze populations of data of moderate complexity. Assess the results of analytics performed to draw control conclusions and areas of risk requiring additional research.
- Both perform tests of controls independently or provide oversight over one or more junior staff in the production of high quality workpapers within the timelines provided.
Preferred Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Financial service industry experience
- Professional certification such as a CIA, CISA or CISSP designation
- Information Security, Network/Cybersecurity, or equivalent IT/Network management experience
- Management experience
Internal Audit – Global Technology
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 122285