Collections Analyst II (2022-33289)
Lightpath is one of the largest competitive local exchange carriers in the tri-state area. We own and operate our infrastructure "from the ground up" by deploying 7,100 route miles connecting 15,000 on-net/LIT buildings, With a strong portfolio of cutting edge solutions for Internet, WAN, Voice, SD-WAN, Security & Cloud services, we enable Enterprise customers of all sizes the ability to react to new challenges while developing best practices for the future. With Lightpath's continued focus on network excellence and a “customer first” service commitment, we are building a workforce of the best talent that will meet the needs of our customers and reflect the diverse communities we serve.Responsibilities
The Credit & Collections Analyst will serve as the primary customer contact for the credit and collections functions of an assigned portfolio. This position will manage the customer base in a positive manner and will help the department reach its cash collection and DSO goals. The Credit & Collections Analyst will be responsible for the credit and collection efforts, as directed by the Credit and Collection Supervisor to ensure the proper account coverage across the delinquent portfolio and provide daily feedback on unresolved issues.
· Responsible for collection activities of the assigned portfolio, including but not limited to ensuring consistent, timely follow up, as well as, and adherence to the standards of responsible collection practices.
· Provide analysis and feedback to manager explaining variances in customer cash trends.
· Make collection calls/emails and follow up to customers within a “customer focused” framework; leading to the resolution of payment issues, by proactive Identification and resolution methods.
· Analyze customer invoices to ensure contract terms and conditions are being followed.
· Ability to utilize CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool to help solve issues.
· Gather credit and/or collections reference information, as required when needed.
· Perform Credit analysis for new and existing accounts.
· Complete ad hoc projects and related deliverables, as assigned.
Proven ability to manage competing priorities under tight deadlinesQualifications
- Must have strong general knowledge of the billing and collections process cycles.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate challenges and present actions and solutions, along with excellent customer service skills.
- Have the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional and positive demeanor and continually multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization using interdepartmental communication.
- Strong negotiation skills and use solid judgment in changing a customer's objections into a commitment to pay.
- Three to five years previous collections experience within an Accounting environment (previous high-tech experience preferred).
- Experience in a multi-functional role and using multi-company accounting software package - Solomon Preferred
- Requires a 4 year college degree, preferably in Accounting, Business or equivalent experience.
- Complete use and functionality of the Microsoft 2010 Office product suite.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Lightpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Lightpath collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing