Accounting Analyst (901947900A0)
Location: Wilmington DE
Role Value Proposition:
The MetLife Worldwide Benefits (MWB) Billing and Accounting position handles account reconciliation, journal entries, and client financial reporting in support the revenue cycle. The representative will become the subject matter expert for billing, collections and application of cash. The role is responsible for the overall customer billing experience and delivering service excellence to standard group customers. The position reports to the manager of operational accounting.
The MWB product portfolio includes medical, dental, pharmacy, life, long term disability, accidental death & dismemberment and international business travel medical, largely for expat policies.
Builds and maintains strong relationships with the operations team and internal partners. Serves as the process owner for statutory client reporting such as the ERISA driven Schedule A 500 reporting. Works with the accounting supervisor to resolve customer billing inquiries and issues.
- Reconciling client accounts
- Application of cash, troubleshooting problems and implementing corrections
- Creating and processing journal entries in Peoplesoft ledger
- Scheduling client ERISA reporting (Schedule A 5500)
- Presenting daily status to operations team
- Booking TPA Fees
- Processing incoming checks
- Posting daily cash wires and checks for 3 business units
- Accounting for foreign currencies
- Executing wire transfers (Kyriba and FXCM)
- Funding vendors for administrative services
- Cross trained back up for critical team functions
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Must have the ability to work cross functionally with peers and leaders from various lines of business
- Experience with accounting software such as Peoplesoft
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and take ownership over assigned tasks and projects
- Schedule A 5500s monthly, like a W-2
- Collections and aging (ongoing)
- Depositing incoming checks to the bank
- Reconciliations (monthly)
- Demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, including attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness.
- Prior billing experience including reconciliations and check processing
- Experience with insurance/financial systems
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Bachelor's degree or related business experience
- Some group insurance experience or product exposure
- Salesforce experience
- Revenue cycle (bill to cash) experience
- Multi company, or multi business unit experience
US Business / Group Benefits / MetLife Worldwide Benefits
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.