Job Description 766 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. At Novartis, being there when and how it matters most for our patients and customers allows us to live our purpose and help bring maximum impact to health outcomes.
Furthering our commitment to transforming medicine for patients, Novartis is embarking on an ambitious and exciting journey to reinvent how we use technology, data and customer insights to better serve our consumer’s needs and put them on a path to better health. This includes taking bold approaches that begin with a customer-centric mindset and harness the power of today’s digital and data-driven healthcare revolution to continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives.
• Do you want to help people understand their disease and how to seek out the proper treatment for it?
• Do you want to support patients achieve the best possible outcomes?
• Do you want to deliver a leading customer experience at all touchpoints?
• Do you want to be at the forefront of leveraging today’s technology advances to create tomorrow’s healthcare innovations?
We believe the answers are found when curious, adventurous, and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to utilize the power of digital and data to individualize and maximize interactions with customers. Where you’re empowered to not fear failure when taking smart risks. And most importantly, where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
The Integrated Marketing Organization, within our US Pharmaceuticals division, is instrumental in driving both brand and Marketing strategies, leveraging a cross-functional suite of peers to orchestrate communications and campaigns for optimal impact across key customer audiences. Partnering with communications and campaigns for optimal impact across key customer audiences. Partnering with peers in the Product and Customer Engagement Organizations, this team is adept at identifying synergies, enabling business-critical transformation and modeling what is looks like to be curious, inspired and unbossed. Each and every day, the Marketing Organization will collaborate and innovate to get more medicines, faster, into the hands of the people that need them most.
The Novartis Integrated Marketing Organization (IMO) is looking for a highly engaged and experienced program/project leader who can accelerate Novartis’ ability to provide help to twice as many patients twice as fast.
The PMO Marketing Acceleration Lead plays a key role in supporting the IMO on all digital program and project initiatives. This person will ideally have experience supporting large, complex programs and projects in both waterfall and agile environments and knows when to apply which framework. He/she will be versed in project management software and techniques as well.
The successful candidate will be a key contributor to all areas of the IMO including marketing projects that support consumer experience, operations, content creation, product management and innovation. This leader will also work closely with our Technical Team and should have prior experience managing technical projects. We are seeking top talent to help us deliver best in class, personalized, relevant marketing messages via an omnichannel approach including websites, emails, banner ads and more.
The PMO Marketing Acceleration lead must have strong knowledge of digital marketing, pharmaceutical and oncological industries, or have comparable experience to indicate that these can be quickly understood and applied. This role also must provide matrix and situational leadership to a multi-disciplinary team of functional experts to deliver with high quality, and in accordance with approved strategies. He/she must also be able to independently coordinate with global counterparts to ensure accurate and timely information and collaboration is used to shape decisions.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Manage complex digital projects including collaborating with the digital team to create and monitor comprehensive plans, resources, budgets, and timeframes.
• Lead the project management team and activities, across multiple projects and products, ensuring excellent and timely outcomes, efficient processes, continuous improvement, and cross-functional team member engagement. Ensure direct reports are high performing and developing in role.
• Establish project plan and initiate project mobilization by confirming project scope, estimate, resources, roles, and responsibilities.
• Develop project rationale, estimates, timing, and scoping assessments to determine cross functional staffing of projects for the US market
• Establish project governance, managing risks and issues.
• Drive the clear and effective articulation of project aspiration, insights, and value drivers to help direct the activities of a large cross functional team.
• Provide pipeline and project reporting, including overall performance of the projects, changes to key assumptions or deliverables, and project completion documentation.
• Responsible for systemic reviews of all objectives and project plans to ensure processes and plans are robust and adequate to deliver quality outputs.
This position will be located at the East Hanover site and will not have the ability to be located remotely. This position will require 20% travel as defined by the business (domestic and/ or international).