Account Management Consultant (878666400A2)
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
Role Value Proposition:
The Account Management Consultant will provide cross-market support functions across both regional and local markets in a field office while supporting senior sales staff in the internal and external post-sale activities associated with the acquisition of new business and in maintaining existing client relationships.
- Organizes and attends various client and broker facing meetings either in person, virtually or via the phone.
- Works with internal partners to resolve escalated issues, requests needed plan performance reporting and develops marketing plans and presentation materials.
- Actively participates in finalist meetings for prospective customers, stewardship meetings for existing customers and broker meetings to discuss both.
- Ensures proper licensing, appointment and commission paperwork is in good order for writing agents.
- Demonstrates strong client-specific product knowledge and provides consultative assistance on issues related to customer benefit plans and stays informed of specific client activities taking place (acquisitions, divestures, layoffs, budget challenges, etc.) and
- Actively participates in the implementation process to insure a smooth onboarding process.
- Tracks renewal status and margin position, negotiation of rates, working with underwriting to request alternate plan designs as necessary and initiation of amendments borne out of final decisions and mentors newly hired associates and assists with process training.
- Acts as team lead by managing service escalations for a multi-million-dollar book of business
- Runs team huddles and collaborates with dedicated internal partners as part of a natural working team to ensure excellent customer and broker service.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years customer service experience, ideally with strong group insurance benefits product knowledge and underwriting skills
- Excellent presentation skills, oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Life and Health license or ability to get one within three months of hire.
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and SalesForce
- Ability to maneuver within multiple complex systems at same time.
- Strong organizational skills. Able to work well with others as well as independently.
- Able to solve problems and think creatively.
- Ability to recognize opportunities to recommend new product offerings.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 125163