Full Stack Software Engineer (903558600A0)
Location - Cary, NC.
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife’s Upwise vision is to be there for our customers as they journey through their life helping to build a more confident future. Driven by passion and purpose, we are looking for you to work on the Upwise product team as a Senior Software Development Engineer, to help deliver that vision.
As a Full Stack Software Development Engineer, you will be a full-stack developer on a fast-paced, DevOps team building and running systems that are customer-first, leveraging modern, cloud technologies, cutting edge design and integrations across the entire software stack. You will have an opportunity to impact every part of the system, foster and cultivate your curiosity and iterate over solutions to be the very best you could be to deliver for our customers.
- Implementing amazing web, mobile and backend solutions
- Working with architecture to design incredible solutions
- Ensuring awesome code quality across the entire team
- Working with Data and Analytics to create amazing Machine Learning solutions
- Working with cross-functional teams for delivery
- Mentoring Mid/Junior Software Engineers
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Eight plus years in full-stack software engineer
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in Software Engineering principles
- Ability to build, deliver and operate complex, cloud-based systems
- Proficiency in SQL and/or NoSQL databases (document based)
- Proficiency in modern web framework such as ReactJS, AngularJS or VueJS
- Native Mobile experience (iOS and/or Android)
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Microsoft Azure Services: Functions, Kubernetes, Cosmos
- Proficiency in, at least, one major programming language such as Python, Java, C#, Groovy
- Machine Learning concepts and modeling
- Modern Identity and Access Management
- Experience defining and prioritizing stories/tasks
- Experience with incident and problem management
Number of Openings
Employee Referral Award
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 126696