EUT Virtualization Engineer (903716000A0)
EUT Virtualization Engineer
Location: Cary, NC (hybrid)
Role Value Proposition:
The EUT Virtualization Engineer is responsible for the management of large-scale global enterprise engineering and support of desktop & workplace technologies and the delivery of such technologies via virtualization solution. Engineer will provide technical support for engineering teams, vendors, operations staff, peers, business users and application developers as needed. Engineer will also be responsible for providing directional design input on various projects and architecture decisions.
- Participate in end user computing / workplace technology solutions design, engineering, and optimization.
- Contribute to the overall direction of the technology responsible for software, hardware, and resource decisions.
- Capacity planning, forecasting, performance tuning and troubleshooting virtual environment hosting virtualized applications and shared virtual desktops
- Contribute towards developing roadmaps based on industry trends.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and work in a DevOps environment focused on project delivery.
- Participate in the planning for enterprise desktop systems management software and architecture.
- Collaborate with internal Engineering teams, vendors and external IT groups to design and implement Global solutions to meet both global and local in-country business requirements based on Domestic Reference Architecture.
- Participate and drive the evaluation and recommendation of new products.
- Lead internal and external resources to pilot and develop solutions and create business cases for new innovative technologies which creates efficiencies, drives down costs, and provides stability for the Enterprise.
- Play key role in the identification and resolution of complex end user computing problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Drive currency initiatives across different tiers of the virtualization platform.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in system administration.
- Minimum of 5 years designing and implementing complex IT solutions.
- Minimum of 3 years working with Citrix.
- 3+ years of experience working in a Virtualization Engineering and Architecture capacity (managing large scale environments, installation, configuration and troubleshooting) with Microsoft server and end user operating systems.
- 3+ years of experience working in an administrative capacity (installation, configuration and troubleshooting) with end-user virtualization technologies including but not limited to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (fka: XenApp and XenDesktop).
- Strong knowledge of VMware and PowerShell scripting.
- Advance knowledge and experience with Microsoft Group Policy and user profile management.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 2012/2016/2019/Windows10.
- Advanced hands-on knowledge of Citrix Technologies and Citrix Cloud
- Knowledge of Active Directory including policies, LDAP, SAML, OAUTH, GPO
- Thorough understanding of building, designing, implementing, and managing IT solutions for services and/or applications.
- Experience working with offshore delivery partners and third-party vendors
- Good knowledge of ITIL. Service-oriented approach, flexible, and proactive.
- Ability to drive projects to completion
- Citrix Certifications CCA-V, CC-VAD-CC, CC-VAD-MA, CCA - AppDS
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Services such as Azure or AWS
- Strong knowledge of network, hardware and software, infrastructure and design, topologies, and protocols.
- Advanced to Expert knowledge of Virtualization and dependent technologies to provide strategic direction beyond immediately supported suite of infrastructure and software.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 126923