Construction Project Manager (8430MGRPROJ022)
The Project Manager is responsible for the building process from the start, working very closely with the engineers and architects to go over plans and blueprints, making schedules for trades for the project, determining material and labor quantities and costs, negotiating with and hiring subcontractors, scheduling of subcontractors, gathering permits and completing necessary jurisdiction inspections. The Project Manager oversees a wide array of scopes of work including but not limited to: interior renovations, paving, concrete, exterior renovations, yard repairs, routine maintenance tasks, etc.Required Skills
• Determine and define proper scope and objectives
• Read and interpret blueprints, understand technical aspects of construction
• Prepare and maintain budget and schedule based on scope of work and construction plan
• Negotiate and hire subcontractors and suppliers to perform work and order materials
• Provide project updates on a consistent basis with Director
• Work closely and keep all necessary parties involved in project status and updates (Manager, AM & DVP)
• Manage contracts with subcontractors and suppliers
• Must be willing to travel at minimum 2-3 days per week
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. 45+ hours per week.
Travel is required for this position, at minimum 2-3 days per week.Required Experience
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. Construction experience preferred.
84 Lumber reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, marital status, non job-related handicap or disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. 84 Lumber is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. 84 Lumber is a Drug Free Workplace.