Program Manager (PM) – Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S)
Who are we? We’re partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That’s the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
We believe in cultivating an environment that breeds opportunity and encourages people to be the best version of themselves. Our team members see work as more than just a job—it’s a career built on passion, grit and ambition. From achieving personal success to lifting others up to do the same, we all rise together. We help people achieve their goals—and then some. Our culture is centered around making an impact. We believe in doing what we love and encouraging others to do the same. Whatever direction you’re headed, you’ll find talented, driven and passionate members of the TEKsystems family creating meaningful work.
Reporting to the Director of Operational Risk and Compliance, the Environmental Health and Safety Program Manager is responsible for the overall management of the Health and Safety and Workers Compensation Program for TEKsystems’ internal and contract employees. The Program Manager will ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state OSHA health and safety regulations and ensure necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines. In addition, the Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day leadership and development of the Workers Compensation Team.Responsibilities
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day leadership, support, direction, development, and accountability to the Workers Compensation Team.
- Manages TEKsystems’ Health and Safety program and provides leadership, establishing and communicating best practice standards and expectations, auditing against expectations and keeping management apprised of status.
- Serve as the POC and partner with Operations and Field Producers as it relates to reviewing health and safety language during contract negotiations.
- Provide guidance on OSHA compliance and injury prevention issues in support of proposal development and creating Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs) and safety equipment recommendations and training in support of client work activities.
- Responsible for company response and resolution to both federal and state OSHA inquiries or inspections.
- In partnership with TEKsystems Professional Development and Training Department, develops and conducts all occupational health and safety training and educational programs in accordance with both company and client requirements.
Additional Duties Include:
- Manage the TEKsystems corporate Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program and the Emergency Response Team.
- Maintain vendor safety review programs (i.e., AVETTA and ISNETworld accounts) and ensure approval status for all active clients.
- Other duties or special projects as requested by Leadership.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS degree (preferably in Occupational Safety and Health)
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience in safety management or a related area
- EH&S related certifications preferred but not mandatory (CSP, CIH, ARM, CHMM, etc.)
- Experience working with Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to assess and manage risk
- Ability to evaluate and develop efficient and effective operational policies
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
- Strong business acumen and judgment
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Comfort working closely with Senior Leadership