Forklift Operator - Edgerton
$2000 sign-on bonus!
The Forklift Operator will be responsible for moving materials and ensuring all materials coming into and exiting the building are accurately accounted for.
Job Duties Include
- Work with production plant to provide their necessary materials for daily operation
- Pick the right product from inventory and packaging using the correct material
- Fill out all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare product orders to meet pick-up demands
- Physically prepare and load all freight orders for pickup
- Properly document receipts of incoming materials, checking packing slips for accuracy
- Ensure that all product entering or leaving the building meets quality standards
- Coordinate with Plant Operations and Shipping to ensure order timelines are met.
- Receive all incoming orders and store in racking
- Organize material storage in the warehouse to prevent clutter
- Utilize time to setup and organize for next day orders and production
- Conduct inventory reconciliation on a daily basis
- Keep physical track of inventory
- Maintain clean and orderly work area
- Follow all FDA health and OSHA safety regulations
- Assist in areas of production as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Be a self-starter; ability to work independently as well as with other personnel and management
- Represent self and company in a professional and positive manner
- Attend required company meetings and training and participate in constructive discussion
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of Dot’s Pretzels
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
- High School diploma or GED
- Certified forklift operator required
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds repetitively
- Ability to bend, twist, and stand on your feet for an entire shift
- Exposed to food production environment and warehouse environment which may involve noise and fluctuating temperatures.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Candidate must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center [Register to View]