Short Term Disability Claims Specialist (912849100A0)
.Short Term Disability Claims Specialist
Job Location: Virtual must live within Commutable distance of Oriskany NY, Tampa FL,Bloomfirield CT,Aurora ILL
Role Value Proposition:
Claim owner and decision-maker. Responsible for administering claims within contractual provisions and internal /external guidelines. Establishes a relationship with claimants to understand their perspective on their disability. Using that perspective and other information, identifies the claimant’s functional capacity and leverages that capacity within the context of the contract to support and encourages return to work as appropriate.
- Manages overall STD block of claims and possible companion claims to include Statutory plans, Federal, Company, State and other Leave types as required by our group customers or other Federal, State, Local laws
- Creates and executes individual claim action plans, serves as point of contact for the claimant and provides a high-level of service to the claimant, including delivering on commitments, timely return of phone calls, and clear communication, and makes claim decisions. Proactively communicates/updates to partners that may be working with the claimant when key events are being considered or have occurred (Closure, RTW, etc.)
- Meet and Exceed Operational Efficiency goals, Demonstrate Service Delivery and Customer Satisfaction goals, including prioritizing actions, appropriately utilizing resources timely, maintain data integrity through accurate benefit decision and payment
- Accountable for accurate financial decisions on block of claims with financial base benefit amount up to $8000 per week per claim decisions made in accordance with Customer provisions
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required
Essential Business Experience and Key Behaviors, Required:
- Understands value in building rapport and develops positive working relationships
- Motivated by their interactions with others
- Quickly grasps information and efficiently solves verbal challenges with strategic thinking
- Communicates complex verbal and written concepts with ease
- Pays close attention to details, and accounts for details that may be overlooked
- Professionally demonstrate empathy to others
- Provide original insights on familiar subjects
- Balances task work while adapting to change and exploring new innovative ideas
- Ability to prioritize and maintain quality
- High School Diploma
Key Competencies, Qualifications and Skills, Preferred:
- Associate Degree or higher
- 2 plus years of claims management experience preferably in Healthcare field
- Proficient with Microsoft office software
- Prior STD and Family Medical Leave Act claims knowledge
- Ability to work independently
- An understanding of disability contractual provisions
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 127344