Job Description Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
The DIA organization in US Innovative Medicines is the Novartis engine for achieving best in class Healthcare provider (HCP) experience and transformative digital patient engagement. The Enterprise Analytics and Data Science group within DIA is seeking a highly motivated analytic expert to optimize resource allocation across the commercial organization. This role will utilize marketing mix modeling, multi-touch attribution, and other advanced analytic techniques to identify the cause-and-effect relationships between our investments and market outcomes.
This position reports to the Director, Resource Optimization Lead with the Customer Engagement & Enterprise Analytics team in DIA. This leader will work with Integrated Insights, Predictive Analytics & Customer engagement, Finance, Marketing Strategy, and Agency teams to determine design, develop, and deploy analytic models for optimizing promotional investments. The person will operate as player/coach and leading a team of modelers across brands and therapeutic areas in a Center of Excellence model. The person will keep abreast of the latest thinking and best in class methods/models for resource allocation decisions in the commercial organization.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and lead a comprehensive analytical agenda that is aligned with Novartis’ established and emerging marketing investment choices and opportunities.
• Collaborate actively with the Predictive Analytics & Customer engagement team to validate and up-date models as needed based on in-market events and business needs.
• Develop and deliver executive quality presentations to a stakeholder audience comprising of senior brand and finance leadership.
• Lead the development of portfolio and brand specific investment optimization models across all promotional channels and tactics, as well as non-promotional aspects of the total spend in the P&L
• Lead digital multi touch attribution (MTA) modeling efforts to optimize targets campaigns.
• Provide ongoing evaluation of promotional efforts using the models developed, experimental design, optimizer tools and dashboards.
• Provide Insights and recommendations to finance, integrated product teams, Integrated Insights, Marketing Strategy, finance, Predictive Analytics & Customer engagement and agency teams to al-locate promotional investments to maximize value.
• Take ownership of marketing mix input data quality. Work with the data teams to augment data sources as needed.
• Provide marketing effectiveness subject matter expertise through a proactive, unbossed approach to community of analytics professionals and direct reports.
• Keep abreast of latest developments in marketing mix modeling, multi-touch attribution and data science.
• Take a hands-on role and deliver on highly visible projects
• Bring a “can-do” attitude and teamwork, and inspire others on culture change
• As an SME in this area, build organizational acumen in data lead resource allocation decision making
“The ideal location for this role is our East Hanover site but remote work may be possible (there may be some restrictions based on legal entity). Please note that this role would not provide relocation as a result. If associate is remote, all home office expenses and any travel/lodging to specific East Hanover site for periodic live meetings will be at the employee’s expense. The expectation of working hours and travel (domestic and/or international) will be defined by the hiring manager. This position may require up to 20% travel. This is a US based position. No international relocation will be provided for this position. ”