Service Design Lead, Sustainability
Opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary global team dedicated to making sustainability relevant and actionable for everyone. Our mission is to create positive impact for our clients and the world by bringing human insight to companies’ sustainability challenges, adding perspective and research, and creating ideas, products, experiences, and campaigns with genuine impact. Our team is made up of big thinkers from companies like Fjord, Droga5, and Karmarama – all working collaboratively to solve big problems.
Working together, we will:
- Have opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives and positive planetary impact
- Consistently push ourselves toward groundbreaking creative, strategic and design thinking.
- Demonstrate how unconventional thinking leads to world-class sustainable solutions
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
The Service Design Lead owns Service Design as a discipline on projects and accounts and contributes to the practice at the studio level, sharing responsibility for the Service Design team across all studio accounts. On projects, you’ll support and provide oversight on all aspects of Service Design and Innovation, as well as leading design activities on our most ambitious projects.
- Have a passion and curiosity about sustainability. Experience in and complete fluency in the topic is awesome but not a mandatory if there’s the desire to learn.
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Lead the practice of Service Design at a project level. Extend the craft and share practice across the studio and beyond.
- Responsible for setting up systematic “innovation funnel” incubation process and capabilities for concept testing, validation and refinement.
- Lead team through this incubation process, by structuring and running iterative design sprints of validation testing, to refine concepts for successful adoption and de-risk investments.
- Explain and discuss design decisions eloquently and give design feedback.
- Frame and tell the story of design solutions. Lead the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Create communication artifacts that define service design as a practice within the studio.
- Establish and manage client relationships.
For a decarbonized economy, we need a radical transformation – a transformation of values, behaviors, identities, wants, rules, power, relationships, language, technology, and infrastructure. Come help us make that transformation happen.Qualifications
These are the minimum requirements for an aspirant to be considered for the position applying to:
- 7+ years’ experience of Interaction Design and/or Service Design across varied users, business problems, and devices
- 2+ years' leading requirements gathering and communication between design teams, workstreams and clients.
- 5+ years creating experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- 3+ years' experience with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience.
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with applying user-centered design processes.
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design.
- Ability to create experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
*Candidates will be considered in all US locations, not only those listed on this posting*
As required by Colorado law under the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $119,880 to $197,900 and information on benefits offered is [Register to View] .
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.