Industry X - Embedded Firmware Engineer (R00113328_Indianapolis)
We are Industry X: We embed innovation, intelligence and sustainability in the way the world makes things and the things it makes. Industry X enables leaders to act quickly and confidently as they pivot to the future. We define Industry X as digital reinvention of manufacturing / engineering and believe that smart, sustainable, connected digital products and assets are about to create hyper-personalized industrial experiences, completely new levels of operational efficiency, transparency and traceability, tangible impact on sustainability and brand-new sources of revenue growth. Known for our ability to execute at speed, we help clients determine clear, actionable paths to competitive agility by bringing them new thinking on business and technology.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology, and Operations services, all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
This is not your typical Accenture job posting; we are the Hardware Design group at Accenture, we design and engineer smart connected hardware—specifically helping our clients bring world class innovative products to the market that make a real impact to their business. Our group is made up of industrial designers, mechanical engineers, embedded firmware engineers, electrical engineers, and QA test engineers—the full stack required to take a concept from an interesting idea to a real product.
• Ownership of system design and firmware on hardware prototype projects and development platforms.
• Actively participate on cross-functional and cross-organizational project teams through all phases of product development to ensure successful execution of innovative, best-in-class designs Experimenting with and implementing interfaces to various sensors/peripherals.
• Devising and implementing low-latency network interface protocols.
• Coding programs and scripts as necessary to test embedded systems.
- 2+ years’ experience in system design and designing firmware on hardware
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years of programming experience in C, C++, or Python
- 2+ years of experience with embedded OS (Linux, FreeRTOS, bare metal, etc.)
• Experience with driver and board-level system software development
• Experience with developing test frameworks using Python and Object-Oriented Programming
• Experience with board bring up and systems debugging
• Experience with ARM/RISCV based processors and micro-controllers and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
• Experience with one or more wireless protocols (Bluetooth/WiFI or other)
• Experience with debugging tools such as bus analyzers, oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers
• Experience with protocol design, specification, and implementation
• Strong problem solving and debugging skills for multi-processor systems
• Experience with one or more of the following NFC, RFiD, LoRA, LPWAN, NB-IoT, LTE-M, Zigbee, MESH networks
• Demonstrable programming skills in Java, RUST
• Experience with one or more cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
• Familiarity with testing frameworks like Googletest.
• Familiarity in working with FPGA, Emulators, Simulators for Chip development
Professional Skill Requirements
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
• Good communication skills both verbal and written.
As required by Colorado law under the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $87,000-$109,000and [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.