Utility Industry Strategy Manager (R00112685_Florham Park)
We are a global collective of innovators applying the New every day to improve the way the world works and lives. Help us show the world what’s possible as you partner with clients to unlock hidden value and deliver innovative solutions. Empowered with innovative tools, continuous learning and a global community of diverse talent and perspectives, we drive success in a new business architecture that disrupts conventional practices. Our expertise spans 40+ industries across 120+ countries and impacts millions of lives every day. We turn ideas into reality.
Who We Are:
Accenture Strategy utilizes deep industry expertise, analytics, and insights, to empower clients to tackle their most pressing challenges and capitalize on their greatest opportunities. To stay agile in a world dominated by change, the C-suite must keep the core business running while simultaneously identifying and investing in the new. Accenture Strategy enables leaders to act quickly and confidently as they pivot to the future. We help clients determine clear, actionable paths to competitive agility by bringing them new thinking on business and technology.
Practice Area Profile:
Accenture’s North American Utilities Strategy (NAUS) practice helps our clients navigate an increasingly complex business and regulatory environment. We bring deep sector knowledge across a range of verticals, including Energy Transition, Generation, Grid Modernization, DERs, and other disruptive technologies. Our projects typically apply Accenture’s core consulting skills in functional areas such as digitalization, strategy, and organizational and performance improvement. The NAUS practice has experienced rapid growth over the past years, and today we are comprised of nearly 60 diverse individuals spanning many geographic hubs.
Who You Are:
A Utilities guru with deep industry experience and a passion for helping our clients solve their toughest problems. You have top-notch leadership skills as well as expertise advising clients in the Utility Industry on data-driven strategies to transform their business operations or business model so they can crush their strategic, financial, and operational goals. As a manager, you’re a natural at building and bringing out the best in teams and are a seamless communicator and people-developer. Ideally, you will have experience or familiarity in at least one of the following industry sub-verticals:
- Generation (e.g., Wholesale Trading / Independent System Operator (ISO), Decommissioning (Coal, Nuclear), Renewables (Utility Scale Solar, Onshore / Offshore Wind))
- Electrical Grid (e.g., Transmission, Distribution, Substation, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Control Center, Metering)
- Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) (e.g., Rooftop Solar Photovoltaic (PV), Electric Vehicle (EV) / Autonomous Vehicles / Charging Infrastructure, Energy Storage / Batteries, Microgrids, Demand Response / Energy Efficiency, Energy Management Systems)
- Natural Gas / Water (e.g., Local distribution, methane, biogas, renewable natural gas)
- Cross-Industry Disruptive Technologies (e.g., Cloud, Mobility / Telecom / Broadband / 5G, Drones, Connected Things / Internet of things (IOT), Analytics & Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML), Blockchain, Cybersecurity)
- Additionally, you would feel comfortable applying your knowledge in the aforementioned industry verticals to one or many of the following functions:
- Growth Strategy (e.g., Capital Investment Prioritization / Optimization, New Products / Services, Utilities Venture Capital, Private Equity, Utilities Mergers & Acquisition)
- Cost Cutting / Cost Optimization
- Utility Finance (e.g., Performance Based Rates (PBR) / Non-Wire Alternatives, Rate Impacts, Tax)
- Regulatory Support / Engagement (e.g., Legislative Review, Testimony, Stakeholder Engagement, Policy Development, Integrated Resource Plans (IRP), Rate Cases)
- Manage the delivery of projects to optimize our clients’ business options in the context of global, economic, technology, and social trends.
- · Supervise teams to deliver world-class business strategy solutions that meet the needs of clients.
- Earn the trust of senior leaders at client organizations and partner with them to create strategic solutions at the intersection of business, technology, and operations.
- Provide guidance on quantitative analysis and research to generate recommendations and insights and drive outcomes.
- Build relationships with clients to sustain Accenture’s profile as a long-term trusted advisor and partner.
- Fortify Accenture’s Strategy practice and role as a thought leader by creating content and taking part in professional forums, both internal and external.
- Mentor junior members of the Strategy team.
- Travel to client locations as needed. A note on travel: For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only. The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from several infectious disease experts.
- Ability to work remote with a private workspace that allows for conference calls across multiple time zones
Here’s What You Need:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience within the Utility Industry and/or consulting as a trusted client advisor
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial modeling and pricing, c-suite engagement and advisory, as well as industry analytics and quantitative skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience driving insights using statistics or data analysis
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (12 years) of experience in a related field/industry
Bonus Points if:
- MBA is highly preferred; other relevant graduate degrees considered
- Previous consulting experience is highly desired in advising the utility industry
- Specific experience with competitive agility, cost transformation, cloud, growth strategy, and customer engagement
- Analytical thinker with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience in driving insights using visualization tools (i.e. Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx) and analytics tools (i.e. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics
- Ideally, you possess one or more of the following capabilities and are eager to mentor others to help them develop their skills:
- Regulatory Research / Dockets Due Diligence
- Grant Writing / Application Development
- Competitor Analysis
- Financial Modeling
- Market Sizing
- Roadmap Development
- Organizational Design
- Bottoms Up Budget Development / Zero Based Budgeting (ZBB)
Our Commitment to You:
Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement. You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects. Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments, and collaborating with experts across the company. Access to leading-edge technology.
Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package including generous paid time off, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive 401K program. Learn more about our extensive rewards and benefits: [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.